PM Available for Back Order on all lathes I looked at..!

Mr Mike

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
While waiting for a good deal to show up for old iron I figured I would look at a new higher Quality Lathe, like the Ultra Precision one Pm sells.. well turns out no matter what lathe I look at on the site they all show available for back order... The Cheap or Expensive ones.

Old or New, finding a decent lathe is out of my reach, I just cant win.. I may have to break down and just get a cheap SF1049 9 X 19 to tide me over till something shows up.

Are you watch for the ads posted daily here Craigslist, Ebay. Not sure what your looking for, but...

Are you watch for the ads posted daily here Craigslist, Ebay. Not sure what your looking for, but...

Yes every day, checking morning and night... within 350 miles of Vegas... CL, Offer-Up and Ebay for Old SB or LL's
Due to shop space a max size of 12 X 30 is what Im looking for... it will share shop space with welding and wood working tools in a 20 X 24 shop so not a huge amount of free space.

You aren't that far from California. Seems to be a lot of lathes for sale there - worth a drive?

I know the squeeze all too well. Mikey just beat me to California while I was typing.

I think Los Angeles area is your best bet. I have seen a pretty good selection on there at times. Patience is what you need and I have been working on it my whole life and I'm better but I still get impatient and I pay every time lol . You will prevail !

My 12x36 lathe was bought new on back order several years ago. It took six months to get it. It was ordered in January, made in May (China) and delivered to me in June (Canada). Back then it had seemed like it would take me longer than 6 months to find what I wanted on the used market. So I ordered exactly what I wanted and then waited. During the six months wait I planned and prepped the shop to receive the lathe. It was hard to wait but it panned out very well in the long run.

The one lathe I saw available on Matt's site is the one I would upgrade to if I could. The 1440TL. Way out of my reach (financial) though. Good luck in your lathe search.

One short phone call to PM will tell you the wait time. If you don't order, it won't arrive.

Back