PM 935TS ordered. Need guidance on VFD components and installation.

Well,, Its alive! Almost all working correctly except for the momentary forward and reverse toggle. I must have something wired wrong there. Only runs in forward direction when toggle is pressed to either direction.

Thanks again Mark and others for all the help!

!
its alive.jpg

Those of you that have worked with Hitachi WJ200-022sf VFD, I hope you can shed some light on a quirk. When I first programed my VFD I noticed the braking resistor was set at 35 ohm. I bought a 50 ohm and installed it. That said, I didn't test it at installation to confirm that. Maybe packaged wrong or I just got the wrong one. Had to do some changes on a couple other settings so I checked my resistor and it is 50 ohm. Is there a way to change the ohms setting on the parameters on the VFD? I haven't had an issue as of yet on how the braking is working but don't have many hours of run time yet. For the moment, I'm not worrying about it.

Mentioned this in a recent post, the VFD senses the resistor but puts in a generic fixed value not the actual resistance value. The braking characteristics of the external resistor is based on the actual value of the resistor and not the value that the VFD enters in the programmed value.

Same thing here, I think I read somewhere the VFD internally decides the value somehow and just runs with that. My resistor is in fact 60ohm but the VFD decided on some strange value on its own. I just left it in its folly and moved on, it works well for me. Maybe @mksj could chime in on this phenomenon?

EDIT
OOPS! .... @mksj already addressed it! :)

Thanks for the answer. Somewhat of an oddity that it can't place a correct value. Oh well, it works.

So asking for help on this issue. As mentioned a few posts back, everything is working except the momentary forward reverse toggle switch. It runs the spindle in one direction (forward/clockwise) when the toggle is pressed in either forward or reverse. I figured I had something wired wrong. I have been over the diagram many times and can not find anything connected different the the schematic shows.
Again, to repeat what I did different from the schematic, I did not wire the jog function into terminal 5. I did not want a set speed in the toggle switch and want it to use the speed set by the speed pot. Is this the issue or does someone have an idea what to look for next? I believe its a problem in the wiring of the switches for controls and not the programming, but I don't know. Plan for tomorrow is to wire a lead to the jog function and program it to see what this does.

Attachments

• prefered.pdf
    398.1 KB · Views: 75
Maybe a bad diode? Does it matter if you have the reverse gear engaged or not?

Maybe a bad diode? Does it matter if you have the reverse gear engaged or not?
It will turn in reverse if the reverse switch is engaged. But it turns in reverse when the momentary switch is pushed in either direction.

Back