PM 935TS ordered. Need guidance on VFD components and installation.

Mine is wired quite differently to yours, but check the logic at Terminals 1 and 2 (fwd and rev) with reference to L-PLC.
In other words, with reference to the L-PLC connection, P24 (+24V) to terminal 1 should run the motor FWD and P24 (+24V) to terminal 2 should run the motor REV.
Hope this helps

My wiring scheme is as follows:
VFD CONTROL.jpg

Results as of now. Added the other two diodes as shown in Just for fun's schematic. No change.
Went back to testing all functions and caught something I never checked. I did not check the momentary joystick in back gear.

Back gear in high:
Run - forward. OK
Run - reverse. OK
Momentary toggle - forward, runs forward. OK
Momentary toggle - reverse, runs forward also. NOT OK

Back gear in low:
Run - forward. OK
Run - reverse. OK
Momentary toggle - forward, runs forward, OK
Momentary toggle - reverse, runs reverse, OK
These results were the same with the other two diodes added and not added as I originally had it so I went back to my original wiring without them.

It's interesting that it works normal with the back gear engaged.

It's interesting that it works normal with the back gear engaged.
That would be because there is no connection to input 3 when in back gear and one presses the reverse, and if the forward works correctly then it would indicate that the diode orientation for the reverse switch could be an issue.

Cletus, your system is setup for 2 wire control, which is a different animal than 3 wire control. You would also want USP enabled all the time to prevent a run mode on power up if the spindle control was left in F/R position. In this build he opted not to use the JOG input to set a fixed speed, in this case I usually just omit the momentary buttons and just flip the F/R control when threading. I use spiral taps so I tap in one continuous process.

So, if I am following correctly there is something wrong with one of these two wires or connections or diodes?

Tim

Screenshot 2022-03-05 090212.jpg

I must be missing something about this. The reversing switch in the schematic is showing it to be in back gear correct? If this is correct, then there is a path for terminal 3 on the VFD to get a signal. And mine works fine in this mode. So If the back gear switch is in the standard Hi gear position, the forward run switch connection, shouldn't the connections noted on Just for funs be the likely problem? What am I not seeing?

The back gear switch has a common goint to input 3, a NO and a NC with switch not activated. The diagram picture shows it not in back gear. When you put it in back gear the switch contacts reverse NO->goes close and NC-> goes open. You cannot use a continuity ohm meter to check the logic because of the diodes, but you could use a diode checker or a battery with a volmeter to check if input logic. When it is not in back gear the NC switch for the sustained reverse position has a pathway to activate input 3, the same holds true for the momentary reverse button. When you put it in back gear everything is flipped.

The back gear switch has a common goint to input 3, a NO and a NC with switch not activated. The diagram picture shows it not in back gear. When you put it in back gear the switch contacts reverse NO->goes close and NC-> goes open. You cannot use a continuity ohm meter to check the logic because of the diodes, but you could use a diode checker or a battery with a volmeter to check if input logic. When it is not in back gear the NC switch for the sustained reverse position has a pathway to activate input 3, the same holds true for the momentary reverse button. When you put it in back gear everything is flipped.
Ok. I'll ingest this for a while and continue next week. A gracious thank you for the help. It's the weekend, not bothering anyone now.

Back