PM 935TS ordered. Need guidance on VFD components and installation.

@litewings So, are we talking kits, scratch-built, mods, resto, or all of the above? Man, this has me so stoked!
Just watched the maiden video on Vimeo, what a turn-on! :laughing:
Apologies for the OT, just could not help myself!

Last edited:
@litewings So, are we talking kits, scratch-built, mods, resto, or all of the above? Man, this has me so stoked!
Just watched the maiden video on Vimeo, what a turn-on! :laughing:
Apologies for the OT, just could not help myself!

My work on aircraft is about a 50/50 split now between SLSA and Experimental (kit built) aircraft. Assisting builds on some kit aircraft for customers too.
The lathe has been a butt saver a number of times for custom parts and I'm sure the mill will be too.

This is the wiring diagram I followed for my controls with 2 differences. I did not use JOG so I have no connection to terminal 5. I installed a lighted E stop and will wire the light to the PLC terminal.
What programming changes, if any, need to be done for the two stage braking on terminal 6?

Attachments

• prefered.pdf
    398.1 KB · Views: 95
Some progress today, albeit not a lot.

Attachments

• PXL_20220212_230851048.jpg
    PXL_20220212_230851048.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 93
Everything is hooked up per schematic/plans. I believe ready to power up. Still have questions on the the programing for the 2 speed braking. I looked up the wiring I did on the lathe 2 years ago and have notes of some changes needed then that I don't see in the programming download I have from Mark. Reading those notes I feel relatively confident I can work through it but would like some encouragement. As mentioned a few posts prior to this I used this plan without the jog function and with a lighted E-stop. Any help appreciated before I power-up.
Thanks.
PXL_20220219_002400735.jpg

Attachments

• prefered.pdf
    398.1 KB · Views: 77
General recommended WJ200 parameter file for 3 HP mill using 3 wire control is attached. In general if you are using a 4 pole motor, you can run them to 120 Hz w/o issues. I do not recommend running the motor below 20 Hz for any extended time.
Mark

Attachments

• Mill 3HP WJ200 VFD 3-wire programming parameters.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 115
General recommended WJ200 parameter file for 3 HP mill using 3 wire control is attached. In general if you are using a 4 pole motor, you can run them to 120 Hz w/o issues. I do not recommend running the motor below 20 Hz for any extended time.
Mark
Still needing to confirm settings for input terminal 6 on the vfd for 2 stage braking. I have the switch wired to this location. I believe I need to change the programing for this location (C006). Looking at the programming document (page16) it looks like I need the change things around for C006 and C005. I don't know if its possible to just change the programming in C006 to say the same as C005. Maybe easiest to just change my braking switch to terminal 5 since I'm not using jog and 5 is open. After this programming change I will change A093, deceleration time (2) to 3 seconds. Is any of this correct?

Two inputs cannot be programmed to the same function so either change the input wire to the programmed input, or reprogram the input the wire is connected to the function you want.

Back