No-rust Paper

Funny how a thread goes from discussing VCI paper to What works best for cutting aluminum. Lets get back to talking about VCI paper!

I use Fluid Film. It has worked great for preventing rust. Many old machinists used lanolin to protect machines, tools and metal from rust. The fluid film uses lanolin. Even if wiped off it still protects for months. The lanolin is great for dried up skin too.

I bought 2 spray bombs of fluid film, one for each shop. I don't know if it's just the batch that mine came from but it stinks like slightly refined buck goat musk. I will say that I had great success making a reluctant lock's tumblers free up virtually better than new. (Don't ask me how I know about buck goat musk !)

....... it stinks like slightly refined buck goat musk. . . . . (Don't ask me how I know about buck goat musk !)

LMAO - I didn't even know goats had a 'musk', refined no less - hehe.

I've been using oil (ISO 32 or 68) on everything in the shop during last year to no avail.
It must evaporate or something.
My lathe chucks are all currently re-rusted as bad as they were this time last year and the Mill is
also getting hit.
The three things that haven't rusted are the two table saws and floor drill press.
I had coated those with furniture paste wax. Go figure.

LMAO - I didn't even know goats had a 'musk', refined no less - hehe.

I've been using oil (ISO 32 or 68) on everything in the shop during last year to no avail.
It must evaporate or something.
My lathe chucks are all currently re-rusted as bad as they were this time last year and the Mill is
also getting hit.
The three things that haven't rusted are the two table saws and floor drill press.
I had coated those with furniture paste wax. Go figure.

^^^ ditto its like it evaporates or its so thick it falls off leaving the metal dry and subject to rusting.

Does anyone have any experience with Krown Rust Control T40? It is a rust preventative and lubricant.

Sorry Moderator for not talking about VCI paper, but trying to contribute to rust control.

David

I bought 2 spray bombs of fluid film, one for each shop. I don't know if it's just the batch that mine came from but it stinks like slightly refined buck goat musk. I will say that I had great success making a reluctant lock's tumblers free up virtually better than new. (Don't ask me how I know about buck goat musk !)
My smeller is broken so I"ll just have to take your word for this.

Now we are talking about goats! Lol. Have fun!

Back