New shop space!

I'm wondering why you are scuttling, rather than proceeding through the red tape. Do you have a plan B to expand your shop space or ???
I guess my question is, where will you be in 6 to 12 months, regarding "new shop space", if you scuttle now?
Bit of a long story but here goes.
We (two adults and a 17 and 15 yr old) live in a 1013 sq ft house built in 1923 on .25 acre lot in the city. We are about 300m from a major bus line. And we have the biggest lot in the neighbourhood.
The house needs some work. There is a dining room built on top of a deck that really needs to be rebuilt on a proper foundation.
We had originally thought that we would do that and expand the footprint of the house. Problem is we really can't live in the house while that's happening as one side of the house will basically come off.
We then thought about building the carriage house so we (my wife and I...assuming the kids fledge) could live in that while the house is being renovated.
The factor that is causing us to put it on the shelf, is that there are new bylaws coming in July that will allow for 3 - 4 residences on a lot such as ours.
So there is a strong likelihood that we can sell to a developer for a good dollar and buy a larger property with either an existing shop or space to build one.

Last edited:
Back