New Project --- "The Catfish Reaper"

Re: New Project

This is the first time any have come apart. :lmao: There's a first time for everything I guess.

"Billy G"

Use a hose clamp. Yeah, I know you would have to keep moving it. :thinking:

Hose clamp.jpg

Last edited:

Back in and turning. The interrupted part of the cut is over, it will be easier from here. I changed my pants so all is good again. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

"Billy G"

102_0777 (850 x 565).jpg

Use a hose clamp. Yeah, I know you would have to keep moving it. :thinking:

Believe it or not Terry, there is a way to do this and not have to move the clamps but one time. Stand by and thank you. Jim, the glued on plates are a good idea also. I just never had to resort to any other way than gluing them.

"Billy G"

I would like to end the day with two of these without the Taper shown by the broken lines. The Taper is the last operation.

"Billy G"

102_0778 (850 x 565).jpg

First shot cut small diameter. Clamp is in place. Second getting ready to cut large diameter, clamped at small end. This is working real well. Only problem is that the operations are now out of sequence. Time will tell any ill effects.

"Billy G"

102_0779 (850 x 565).jpg 102_0780 (850 x 565).jpg

And then there was OMG it worked. The two are mirror images. :phew:

"Billy G"

102_0781 (850 x 565).jpg

When I reach my set goal, my day is done. I will not push.

"Billy G"

102_0782 (850 x 565).jpg

Seats need to be milled for the upper portion of the holders. Again. there is nothing like using the Fly-Cutter.

"Billy G"

102_0783 (850 x 565).jpg 102_0784 (850 x 565).jpg 102_0785 (850 x 565).jpg

Thw War Department says I have to stop now. I've spent too much time down in the "Cave". That statement translates to I want you to go with me. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

One is fit. It is tight but it needs to be right now. When the profiles are cut in the tube it will be split. The amount remove by the Kerf will make it fit perfect. :))

"Billy G"

102_0786 (850 x 565).jpg

Back