New Project --- "The Catfish Reaper"

Re: New Project

Wait till you see how I do the inside taper to match. :lmao:

"Billy G"

I'm not much of a fisherman (much to my Granddad's dismay) but I always enjoy watching you work. My Granddad wouldn't touch a fish unless it was a bass, everything else was 'bait' to him. Plus the mud cats around here in Middle Georgia taste just like, well... you know, "mud". Even if they do go 25 to 30 lbs.

Now a real man would "noodle" the catfish.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_OfdMVTsAI

Thank you Rick, I have "noodled" before. My Uncle Teddy taught me that when I visited him in Alabama when I was in my early teens. It only gets real scary when you can't see underwater. :lmao::lmao:

One is ready to split. The two upper larger holes will be the ends of the tapered slot that forces the clamshell open when it is lifted upward. The smaller one is the pivot pin hole. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel from here. Just two more parts to make after this.

"Billy G"

102_0805 (850 x 565).jpg

I'm not a 'noodler' and have intentions of starting. I've seen pics of noodlers that cornered a moccasin and had a bad day after that. I have a hard enough time typing (pecking, actually) responses as it is. Can't imagine what it would be like with nine (or less) digits.

Looking forward to the finished product. You have overlooked a very important accessory on this project: Beer holders!

The Beer Holders could still go there but neither of us drinks anymore. I had my last beer 20+ years ago. I have a vivid imagination, if need be I can make water taste like anything I wish.

Two ready to split. Tomorrow is another day. When I get tired I stop no matter how far I am into it.

"Billy G"

102_0806 (850 x 565).jpg

Two or three minutes in boiling water and viola -- 4 parts. Had to do this early, War Dept. is still sleeping. :nono: Cleaning, milling the slots and forming the pivots to go and these are a done deal.

"Billy G"

102_0807 (850 x 565).jpg

Still need cleaning but just a little work at the disc sander got the clamshells to open and close.

"Billy G"

102_0808 (850 x 565).jpg

Theirs and mine. These will be done today for sure. All that ia left is the tapered slot. I have plenty of time. This is gonna be a very relaxed day.

"Billy G"

102_0809 (850 x 565).jpg

Back