New Project --- "The Catfish Reaper"

Re: New Project

Fit milling is completed here. You are gonna luv what happens next. :lmao: I have other work to get out. I will try to get back to this today, if not tomorrow is another day.

"Billy G"

102_0774 (850 x 565).jpg

If you are not fond of the "Interrupted Cut" please don't try this. There are two pieces there held together with "CA glue, Gap Filling". Nope, it won't come apart till I am ready for it to.

"Billy G"

102_0775 (850 x 565).jpg

How do you break the glue joint when you are ready to take it apart?

Looks like it would be infinitely easier to work with glued together as one piece. Is the glue dissolved with heat, solvent, or water?

GG

Boil it in water. CA does not like hot water. :lmao::lmao: The part is large enough not to distort.

"Billy G"

Phil;

It might if it were too tight. I take light cuts here (.010 or less) so you don't need the heavy pressure. It's just tight enough so when you pinch with two fingers it won't stop. The glue I use is "Gorilla Glue CA Gap Filling". I have found nothing stronger that we can buy.

"Billy G"

Two hours into my day and one clamshell has reached stage three. I hope to get the other one this far today. I will call it a day when this happens. FYI, there are nine operations total on each of these to get them finished. These are the most time consuming of all.

"Billy G"

102_0776 (850 x 565).jpg

Bill does the centre have any tendency to force the joint apart?

Cheers Phil

I was OK till I started thinking about this happening. One just separated because I was cutting too heavy at .020. Will glue it again and stick to .010. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

"Billy G"

Phil;

It might if it were too tight. I take light cuts here (.010 or less) so you don't need the heavy pressure. It's just tight enough so when you pinch with two fingers it won't stop. The glue I use is "Gorilla Glue CA Gap Filling". I have found nothing stronger that we can buy.

"Billy G"

If you were to cut an annular groove around the center where you would normally center-drill, fit a stub of pipe into that, and then run your center into the end of the pipe the stub would tend to hold the halves together rather than force them apart.

You could also screw (or glue) a plate to the end and then center drill into that.

Back