My neighbor called the police on me for noise pollution

Where I grew up my parents bought this piece of property and built their house on it. One neighbor used to ride his horse though the land before my parents bought it. The trouble was, he kept doing it, Although he usually waited till no one was home. He never could figure out that horseshoes leave such nice prints. No matter what my dad did, couldn't get the jerk to stop. It was finally solved. He died. P.

Oops, must have hit wrong button. He was an old man, He did die a natural death.

No respect for others , prove your noise level and forget it. He will be on the phone as soon as he sees the door open and lights on. When the police gets there show them and let them handle it. Don't let him stop your hobby. He don't have that right. Or do you to stop his fun of being a PITA OF THE NEIGHBORHOOD. Some people will just never mind there own business. Good luck , my wife says why do you want to move away from everyone HERES THE REASON , 100 acres away from everyone minimum.

There is always worse places to live.

The purpose of the Citizen Inspector Training classes is to encourage citizens to be involved and to participate in the community in which they live. The Citizen Inspector Program was created in 1998 and it encourages participants to serve as the eyes and ears for the community. A citizen inspector’s role is to assist in keeping neighborhoods clean and safe, encourage neighbors to maintain their properties and report possible violations. They will not enforce the codes.

The Bureau of Permits, Planning and Zoning and the Fire Prevention Bureau of the City of York offer Citizen Inspector Training classes, free of charge, for York City residents.

I definitely have a crybaby on my hands.

I haven’t spoken to him since he called the police, but I was as polite as can be up until that point. He asked me to turn down my music, and I did. And then he called the police.

I have no problems wearing headphones now if the music is going to be even the slightest bit loud, but I don’t want to encourage him in any way to continue his bullying. I have the understanding that the way to deal with a bully is to confront them (“call them out”, “call their bluff”).

I am also a big fan of the Rope a Dope strategy: give these people all the rope they need, and let them hang themselves (speaking metaphorically, of course). Somebody told me that Muhammad Ali used this technique; I don’t know if it applies here. If it does apply here, this would involve me continuing to do what I am doing, and maybe at some point if he calls the police, then the police will end up telling him directly that I am not doing anything wrong.
It's also really good you know as many of your neighbors as you can. I literally know all of mine and know where they stand on our "problem". As bad as your neighbor is there is this crazy entitlement when it's a female. And of course she used it to her advantage until she finally stepped over the line with a community leader. I got it second hand because we were out of town but literally all the neighbors told me about it when we got back. Seems on a Sunday morning crack o' dawn everybody was awoken by her stereo cranked to 11 and was dancing in her driveway. The leader, K, called the police and kept them on the line on speaker phone while he went down to reason with her saying he had called the police and could she please turn down her music and did she know what time it was? She continued dancing while they had to yell at each other to be heard over the music and she basically blew him off when he tried to explain his wife is sick and they live 7 houses away and the music is so loud they can't sleep. I'm not sure what happened but she has not harassed anybody since.

I am in no way saying you are making too much noise, I am relating how our problem was solved. Up until then we were thinking we'd have to move. She now has a quiet renter and is only at the house sporadically and never cranks the music. She is crazy and on all kinds of meds and seems to perseverate about any conflict and once she starts it gets crazy. I can only think the local sheriff had had enough of her because the only time they were in our area it had to do with her being called about and then her calling about who she thought called the cops on her.

Good luck with your nutbar. He sounds like a pain.

Well, so far I have stumbled upon the magic bullet: the wide angle camera mounted front and center on the workbench in the front of the garage, pointing toward the street.

I haven't had one iota of trouble from the crybaby since I placed the camera there, and I am doing the same thing that I did (lathe work and music at medium volume) the day that he called the cops.

My Neighbour wanted a larger shop on his property than the township would allow after rezoning us so he filed the proper papers, invited over the neighbours, coffee and donuts etc, laid out the plans and discussed all the options for the shop. Several neighbours who are into creating things thought it was great and he had carefully arranged the shop location as far from everyone as possible. Cost him a lot to petition the township and to have all the pre-engineering done. Several of the neighbours (one lady in particular who lived several acres away) did not want the the guy to have his shop (he was retiring this year and wanted a place to play). The one lady was very upset that her morning view of our properties would be spoiled by the shop as she sat on her front porch. The shop would have been very far away from her and behind lots of trees.

After his second appeal was turned down (same lady complaining and welling up fake tears at the hearing) my neighbour said "screw it I will build according to the law of the land"

Now he has 4 x 750 sqft shops as close to the lady as possible and he cut down all the trees that would impede her view of the lovely black corrugated sheet metal of the sides of two of his shops. He now finds having his 4 out buildings works well (he adapted) for his purpose and the front porch sitting lady pretty much sees SFA.

Not sure who some would see as the "Bad neighbour" in this situation but I like my neighbour and the lady is a long long way away.......

My Neighbour wanted a larger shop on his property than the township would allow after rezoning us so he filed the proper papers, invited over the neighbours, coffee and donuts etc, laid out the plans and discussed all the options for the shop. Several neighbours who are into creating things thought it was great and he had carefully arranged the shop location as far from everyone as possible. Cost him a lot to petition the township and to have all the pre-engineering done. Several of the neighbours (one lady in particular who lived several acres away) did not want the the guy to have his shop (he was retiring this year and wanted a place to play). The one lady was very upset that her morning view of our properties would be spoiled by the shop as she sat on her front porch. The shop would have been very far away from her and behind lots of trees.

After his second appeal was turned down (same lady complaining and welling up fake tears at the hearing) my neighbour said "screw it I will build according to the law of the land"

Now he has 4 x 750 sqft shops as close to the lady as possible and he cut down all the trees that would impede her view of the lovely black corrugated sheet metal of the sides of two of his shops. He now finds having his 4 out buildings works well (he adapted) for his purpose and the front porch sitting lady pretty much sees SFA.

Not sure who some would see as the "Bad neighbour" in this situation but I like my neighbour and the lady is a long long way away.......

HAHAHAHA on her. That's the problem with being a bad neighbor, revenge is fun. I go out of my way to be nice to my neighbors, as I know first hand how fun it can be.

He has a huge issue about people parking on the street in front of his house. At night, he parks in his driveway. First thing in the morning, he pulls out and parks in this spot in the street that is so precious to him. Before he goes to bed, he pulls his truck back up into the driveway. It seems to me that he should get a life.

Back