My neighbor called the police on me for noise pollution

He has a huge issue about people parking on the street in front of his house. At night, he parks in his driveway. First thing in the morning, he pulls out and parks in this spot in the street that is so precious to him. Before he goes to bed, he pulls his truck back up into the driveway. It seems to me that he should get a life.
Wow this guy really believes he owns the parking in front of his house on a public street
Entitlement is never good

In a surprise development, somebody stole the wide angle helmet cam (an old Contour ROAM worth about $60) ) that was front & center on the bench at the front (street side) of my garage when I popped into the house to use the bathroom. I guess I can't leave the garage door open anymore when I go into the house for a minute.

The 32GB SD card in the camera was freshly formatted so whoever stole the camera didn't get any data. I had not started recording yet.

I'm just glad that no tools were stolen.

EDIT: My wife and I looked for it. She found it in on the floor. My bad!

Last edited:
In a surprise development, somebody stole the wide angle helmet cam (an old Contour ROAM worth about $60) ) that was front & center on the bench at the front (street side) of my garage when I popped into the house to use the bathroom. I guess I can't leave the garage door open anymore when I go into the house for a minute.

The 32GB SD card in the camera was freshly formatted so whoever stole the camera didn't get any data. I had not started recording yet.

I'm just glad that no tools were stolen.
Wow, this makes me feel a bit angry.

That is ballsy. How did they know that it wasn't tied into the net and uploading directly to the cloud as they grabbed it...?

Luckily , all my neighbors are blue collar with working shops and farms of their own . They all have their own 4 wheelers , machines , tractors , tools etc . I am now the elder in the hood (35 years) and I have no complaints . We all do what we want , no HOAs . They love my fires too . :grin: We are back up to around 15 youngsters now after yaers with no trick or treaters .

Most noise curfews are after 9 pm...I would think unless its just crazy, there is nothing he can do Police can show up because the have too, but they won't do anything. Light flashes from welding are a non issue. If he expects 50-100 people can live in a 1 block area and he wants to hear and see no one and nothing..well he needs to move now. Don't sweat it, do you, you'll be fine.

Most noise curfews are after 9 pm...I would think unless its just crazy, there is nothing he can do Police can show up because the have too, but they won't do anything. Light flashes from welding are a non issue. If he expects 50-100 people can live in a 1 block area and he wants to hear and see no one and nothing..well he needs to move now. Don't sweat it, do you, you'll be fine.

I see that you can buy any size “No Crybabies” signs & decals. I thought about getting a 14” one and putting it on my welding curtain facing the street, but my wife doesn’t want me to escalate this.

She is a wise woman, Erik.

She recommended the “do not escalate policy”. I’m sure that I would have made the situation much worse, as I literally had the 14” No Crybabies sign purchase queued up on eBay. I had just enough sense to run it by her before I clicked the Buy it Now.

Back