Micke's Vintage Bacho Lathe

Congratulations on your retirement. Somehow I thought you were younger. Funny how you can make assumptions about people on line with no real evidence to back it up. That one doesn't look like it will keep you busy for two long, the way I've watched you go through some of your other projects. You may have a nice little retirement business going before you know it. Mike

Wow Micke,
you got 2 very fine machines to turn metal with
nice score on the lathe and tooling!
congratulations!:grin:

Looks like a very substantial HD lathe. Clean it,Oil it and Put it through it's paces ! ......

She is home now ! First cleaning started and then it will be disassembled and overhauled. The chucks are not in a very good condition. The spindle bearings are very good. I'll install a fine steel chuck that I have but everything that is removed will be packed and stored. I also got a good set of tooling and the thread gears are complete and all of them undamaged.

DSC04718.JPG DSC04720.JPG

Its always good to see a layer of dust on a piece of machinery instead of a lay of rust.
Its always good to see a good beer on a lathe.

CHuck the grumpy old guy

Nothing like a cold, or warm beer, depending on you location and inclination, after a job well done. For me it's a Pacifico transferred from the frig to the freezer while I clean up my mess, then enjoy it will stepping back to enjoy the fruits of your labor. This restoration stuff can be addictive. First it's, I'll just fix this up so I can use it, Then before you know it you're a full on rehab facility. :) Mike

The lathe has now been dated to 1935 +/- one year by the serial number on the ASEA motor. :)
It feel good to know something about when the lathe was built.

Cleaning with wire brushes will start tomorrow.

Soo nice! Old ASEA motor you say? Does it have the old -not so politically correct- logo?:D

Back