Micke's Vintage Bacho Lathe

Wow!
Hard to believe that it's the same lathe that came into your shop in post #1.....and in only one months time!

The ways cleaned up great, the paint looks fantastic, the wiring is neat, the oilers look classy.
Only the duct tape belt is out of place. ;)

Fantastic job!
-brino

A new belt is now in place and I've mounted a working light and there is 3-phase power at the new workstation :) I had an idea to sell the lathe when ready since I have two more and a mini-lathe, but realized you cant have too many :grin:

DSC04946.JPG

Last edited:
I wouldn't say that 1933 was "just prior to 1940" in this context. There was never a nazi affiliation and the dropping of the logo probably had something to do with the rise of the NSDAP-party.
A friend of mine has an old asea motor with the swastika logo that is mine for the taking. I think I'll take him up on it and keep it for the rarity value.
I'm humbly hijacking your excellent thread a bit more Micke, as I've just taken possesion of the aforementioned rather rare electrical motor and don't think it merits a thread of its own even if it is a curious sight in todays day and age.
DSC_0078.JPG

Back