Looking for 1/4-24 threaded rod

you also would need to send a nut to whomever decides to make them.
The 1/4 -24 is not an available size 1/4-20 and 1/4 -28 yes.. but just to make sure it works. so one of the brass nuts would need to go to the machinist.

12-24 is common size and may fit.

Have you tried a well stocked hardware store?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

you also would need to send a nut to whomever decides to make them.
The 1/4 -24 is not an available size 1/4-20 and 1/4 -28 yes.. but just to make sure it works. so one of the brass nuts would need to go to the machinist.
got it!

12-24 is common size and may fit.

Have you tried a well stocked hardware store?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
Yes ... what woodchucker said ;)... I really need to use the correct thread ... thanks

12-24 is not 1/4 24..
And in searching for 1/4 - 24, I just discovered it's available. My machinists handbook does not list it, nor any of my other sources. So I am confused.

These I believe are for CNC creation of a 24TPI screw in some unknown size, I don't think they cut 1/4-24

Last edited:
I ordered some from Lowes and they have the item mislabeled. They invoiced me for a 14 -24 and sent me 14-20s... total disaster...

And in searching for 1/4 - 24, I just discovered it's available. My machinists handbook does not list it, nor any of my other sources. So I am confused.

These I believe are for CNC creation of a 24TPI screw in some unknown size, I don't think they cut 1/4-24
I mean the sent 1/4 20s

Back