I would love a Kurt DX6, but why I don't own one.

Did it come with the sheet metal cover that slides under the static jaw and goes over the screw?

It should have. Hope he didn't throw out the box already & the trash man came already. I've heard of a number of times where people weren't aware of that piece & just tossed it out with the box. :oops:

The D40 does not come with the plate and I suspect the DX4 doesn't, either.

The DX4 manual does show a part number for it but doesn't show a picture of it in the diagram. Different p/n than the DX6 so I'm just assuming it does. P/N DL400-249

EDIT: Kurt's website description does say it comes with a chip guard. It's only $6, wonder if it will fit your D40 or maybe with modifications? Hmm, now I want to see if I can make one for my Glacern. :)

Awesome , I have 2 of those DX4’s & love them. Mine did cone with the chip guard strip but one of them I didn’t get the jaw stop for.

Yes it did, Yes I overlooked it in the box, (very thin and kind of stuck to the back side of the box), Yes the box was in the trash can. Thankfully recycled isn't until next week :D Thank You!

I'm happy to hear that I was able to catch you before you lost the cover plate.

Its because America has priced itself out of the world market on just about every item we make, even shipping.

Looking at the most recent data available in the US the private sector production and nonsupervisory employees –who make up about 80% of the private-sector workforce – earn an average of $22.73 an hour. By comparison the average hourly wage for the same group in China is $3.60 an hour.

On top of that the US government requires private industry to fund retirement programs at 80% and/or offer 401K's which generally offer dollar for dollar matches by the company between 3% and 6% of the employees earnings. Chinas' pension system supposedly requires full funding, but local municipalities often "borrow" from the fund leaving it all but non existent. This is somewhat akin to the Teamsters retirement fund scandal's that erupted in the 1960's and 70's.

Given the differences in wages and retirement requirements along with China subsidizing nearly 100% of shipping costs it's difficult to see how any company in this or any other country can compete on price. The Europeans have somewhat countered the pricing structure by demanding a percentage of any product sold in the EU be manufactured within the EU. We don't have any such restrictions currently in our trade agreements with China.

Plus environmental regulations are non existent there, I think.

Back