I file tomorrow .

I'm having a hard timing spending.
All our lives we've been putting money away. Now I don't want to touch it. Not yet anyway.
It's hard to make the transition.
I elected to have taxes withheld on my SSI, so I get a bonus at the beginning of the year and make my big purchases out of that. I, too, am delaying any withdrawals until I'm forced to take them.

I, too, am delaying any withdrawals until I'm forced to take them.
We are living on our SS and Pension at this point.
No debt really helps :)
Our finance guy said we will have to start withdrawing when inflation gives us no choice. Or we change our life styles and live like monks.
I'm with you, put it off as long as possible. Although, we may start pulling interest only and not touch principle.
At 70 of course I'll have to start taking mandatory withdrawals on the tax sheltered investments.

My wife has wanted a pond on our property for years. Her "dream" is to be able to throw a line in the water and catch dinner. Not being a total dumb *ss, I've told her for years to put in whatever she wants; the longer we wait, the less time we'll have to enjoy it. We've been emailing (she still works 3 days a week) sketches back and forth this morning. I can see she's having a "busy" day at work! We'll likely be going with the lower sketch; best for proximity to the house and layout of the land.
There are a couple of dried up old ponds on our property that I keep thinking I'll repair. We have some contour so those old ponds are berms across gullies/small valleys. The berms are breached, so that wouldn't be hard to repair. I need to clear trees and brush around them first. Got the excavator, may need to rent a dozer for a few weeks, just for fun :).

But on the list of projects, I've been thinking about building a new house on our property. Wife loves the idea of a house with a basement and a loft. I like the idea of anything that doesn't require getting into a crawl space for plumbing and electrical work. I suspect I'll be digging a basement this fall.

I certainly have not found myself lacking for things to keep me busy.

We are living on our SS and Pension at this point.
No debt really helps :)
Our finance guy said we will have to start withdrawing when inflation gives us no choice. Or we change our life styles and live like monks.
I'm with you, put it off as long as possible. Although, we may start pulling interest only and not touch principle.
At 70 of course I'll have to start taking mandatory withdrawals on the tax sheltered investments.
Doing the same thing.

It is HARD to change track and start spending some savings after a lifetime of being frugal! My financial guy said a couple years ago to get out of the game, started only working Mon to Thurs this year. Likely head out the door in a year around spring time. Maybe
Pierre

It is tough changing after living a fairly frugal life all these years. We are probably going to be able to do pretty much anything that we want with out touching principal. Will be spending a significant amount on concrete outside the shop, and next year remodeling the house next door, but that will come back in rent. Mike

It is tough changing after living a fairly frugal life all these years. We are probably going to be able to do pretty much anything that we want with out touching principal. Will be spending a significant amount on concrete outside the shop, and next year remodeling the house next door, but that will come back in rent. Mike
Bravo Mike, diligence in life does pay dividends.

Back