I file tomorrow .

Bravo Mike, diligence in life does pay dividends.
Amen brother.
I'm trying to instill the thought into my boys heads.
At least they both have 401K and pensions through their jobs but who knows what is going to happen in 30 years.
Theoretically they will inherit a pretty big chunk from Mama and me :)
God willing.

You guys that think it’s hard to retire and start spending after being frugal all your lives should try it the other way around.
That is the best thing I've heard in a long time. Thanks for making me laugh. And oh, I did that too. The wife put an end to that pretty quick.

It is HARD to change track and start spending some savings after a lifetime of being frugal! My financial guy said a couple years ago to get out of the game, started only working Mon to Thurs this year. Likely head out the door in a year around spring time. Maybe
Pierre
Transitioning via a part time job worked best for me. My wife was already retired, and likely didn't want me hanging around all day all the time :) did that for a year and a bit, tapering off to 1 day/wk.
Re: spending, that too took a while to get used to. But things like clothing budgets plummet as do gasoline usage. And no lunches out at work etc. Hobbies help, keeps you at home and not in a bar drinking or whatever else there is to waste money on.

Gerrit

Transitioning via a part time job worked best for me. My wife was already retired, and likely didn't want me hanging around all day all the time :) did that for a year and a bit, tapering off to 1 day/wk.
Re: spending, that too took a while to get used to. But things like clothing budgets plummet as do gasoline usage. And no lunches out at work etc. Hobbies help, keeps you at home and not in a bar drinking or whatever else there is to waste money on.

Gerrit
Gas is a problem nowadays.

Back