I file tomorrow .

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Without doubt , never seen a major company that can't get their **** straight . I love what I do , and could do it in 1/5th of the time if we were organized . Not going to happen . :dunno: They don't want it to happen . Production managers hired in at 92 K with no experience ? :grin:

Attachments

• IMG_9657.JPG
    IMG_9657.JPG
    382.8 KB · Views: 196
Without doubt , never seen a major company that can't get their **** straight . I love what I do , and could do it in 1/5th of the time if we were organized . Not going to happen . :dunno: They don't want it to happen . Production managers hired in at 92 K with no experience ? :grin:
And they get the big money and have no idea, and never will. But tell you what to do.

Your mental and physical health is more important than covering for the people I call FK. Failed Kindergarten. I have this Dilbert strip on my office wall for all to see.
Pierre

C4BC6228-A3AA-4631-BAEE-04B6499A2938.jpeg

Last edited:
Sounds like you're ready....

I work in a place with a bunch of young folks who could use better leadership (different department but I have to depend on them).

The reason they get paid so much right out of school has multiple causes. First, there aren't that many of them so anyone who's even marginally qualified is gonna get hired. Second, it costs so much more to get by these days. Think about it, those of us who already bought our homes 5, 10, 30 years ago paid much less and the values have shot through the roof. Imagine if you were just starting out (maybe with some student loan debt) and the house you wanted to buy cost $500k, vs $200k just 10 years ago. How much would you need to even have a chance?

I hope you've spent even a small part of your work life mentoring young people, it's one of the most rewarding things IMHO. For you, the company, and our world as a whole. With our hobby (your profession) you can keep doing it for years to come and have an ongoing impact. The right ones will find you and I know you'll be ready and willing to help :)

Enjoy your retirement, I'm definitely looking forward to mine in 8 more years.

John

Back