How To Get New Arbor Press Off Of Semi Truck???

Just ordered one today, they had another 25% off + free shipping so figured what the hey, I'll get one. Probably won't use it much, but for those times when I really NEED one, bet it'll be a blessing.
Mark

I usually just tell the driver it's his problem to get it off the truck because it's not delivered til then.

WHEN MINE CAME , THE DRIVER HELPED ME GET IT DOWN .
A HAND TRUCK GOT IT OVER TO THE SHOP & IT WAS TAKEN UP STAIRS
IN PIECES TO MAKE THE JOB A LITTLE EASIER .

HERE IT IS ON THE PM-727M STAND .

I HAVE PLANS IN THE WORKS TO INSTALL A BIGGER HAND WHEEL & MOUNT A LITTLE BUCKET
ON THE CABINET DOOR TO CATCH FALLING SHAFTS , BEARINGS & BROACHING RODS .

DSC_0810.JPG

Just ordered one today, they had another 25% off + free shipping so figured what the hey, I'll get one. Probably won't use it much, but for those times when I really NEED one, bet it'll be a blessing.
Mark
Hah me too. Great minds think alot.

One of the most valuable pieces of equipment in my shop is my Wesco hydraulic lift truck. It's like a hand truck with a platform that pumps up to over 4 ft with a foot pedal. It's saved my back for many years and has lifted over 400 lbs with ease. Once you let the platform all the way down you just use it like a hand truck. They're expensive new but you can find them on eBay or Craigslist from time to time. If you have a pickup truck maybe you can use a plank from the delivery truck to your bed and slide it down.

I only had one truck delivery from Enco. It was the small horizontal band saw on-sale and free truck delivery. I don't remember if it was on the order page or if the trucking company called to see if it was a residential address.
Anyway, lift gate truck arrives, driver not only got the box in the ground, he put it in the garage and helped me open the box to inspect it.
I guess it depends upon the driver and company policy.

WHEN MINE CAME , THE DRIVER HELPED ME GET IT DOWN .
A HAND TRUCK GOT IT OVER TO THE SHOP & IT WAS TAKEN UP STAIRS
IN PIECES TO MAKE THE JOB A LITTLE EASIER .

HERE IT IS ON THE PM-727M STAND .

I HAVE PLANS IN THE WORKS TO INSTALL A BIGGER HAND WHEEL & MOUNT A LITTLE BUCKET
ON THE CABINET DOOR TO CATCH FALLING SHAFTS , BEARINGS & BROACHING RODS .

View attachment 125919

You have a sweet setup with that NICE finger brake, I've been looking around for one, and can not believe the prices they command. 3 times what I paid for my mill. What kind of arbor press is that?

You have a sweet setup with that NICE finger brake, I've been looking around for one, and can not believe the prices they command. 3 times what I paid for my mill. What kind of arbor press is that?

THE BRAKE IS A PEXTO 24" MODEL AND YES IT IS VERY NICE . I JUST COULD NOT PASS IT UP FOR $1400 .
I AM IN THE PROCESS OF PUTTING DI-ACRO MICROMETER DIALS ON THE BACKSTOP SO I WILL HAVE THE BEST OF BOTH .

THE ARBOR PRESS IS A STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOX ENCO THAT THIS THREAD IS DISCUSSING .
IT'S A 3 TON MODEL . NOT AMERICAN QUALITY BUT CERTAINLY UP TO THE JOB . .

IF YOU CAN GET ONE OF THEM AT A DISCOUNT COMBINED WITH FREE SHIPPING ,
IT's THE BEST DEAL YOU WILL FIND ON A PRESS OF THIS SIZE NEW OR USED .

Back