How To Get New Arbor Press Off Of Semi Truck???

I am a freight truck driver, I do this sort of thing 5 days a week.
Terrys sugestion of sliding it in the back of the pickup is the best way. Just last week I delivered a V-8 engine that way.
The freight co should call to set up an appropriate date for delivery, ask then what there location is, and do a "dock pickup" if the milage isint terrible.
I have had people ask me to deliver to a local business that they have arranged with. The business unloded from my trailer to his pickup.
Most freight companys will work with you on delivering, as the more they have to haul your stuff around, the less money they make.

Sent from somewhere in East Texas Jake Parker

I AM IN THE MARKET FOR A RATCHET PRESS .
I WISH YOU HAD SUPPLIED A PROMO CODE FOR THE SALE .

AS FOR UNLOADING IT , I USE AN ENGINE CRANE FOR THOSE JOBS .

The sale ended about 1.5 hours ago but perhaps they will allow a late arrival or will extend the sale for the day.

Here are the codes.

"Don't miss this double offer: 25% off* plus free ground shipping* on all orders! Truck shipments too! No product exclusions! To take advantage of this double offer, use both promo codes: LPYR25 and LPYRFF prior to checkout.
Hurry, log on to use-enco.com today! Both offers expire 2/29/16 at 11pm ET!"

Enco sales happen almost weekly so this deal will come along again. However free truck shiping along with 25% off only happens a couple times a year. I waited a while for this sale, and when I got the sale announcement e-mail this morning I puled the trigger.

If you don't get Enco sales e-mails, you may want to sign up for them.

Chris

I am a freight truck driver, I do this sort of thing 5 days a week.
Terrys sugestion of sliding it in the back of the pickup is the best way. Just last week I delivered a V-8 engine that way.
The freight co should call to set up an appropriate date for delivery, ask then what there location is, and do a "dock pickup" if the milage isint terrible.
I have had people ask me to deliver to a local business that they have arranged with. The business unloded from my trailer to his pickup.
Most freight companys will work with you on delivering, as the more they have to haul your stuff around, the less money they make.

Sent from somewhere in East Texas Jake Parker

Thanks for the info! I will ask about Dock pickup once I get the call.

Chris

Engine hoist.

Easy answer for me.

Those damn hoists are so handy for everything!

I've got a John Deere compact tractor with a front end loader and backhoe, BOTH have proven invaluable when I've had to move heavy items around. My back can go out with just a sneeze so I try to take it easy on it but it doesn't always work out...

I also think an engine crane is a great idea, we used an engine crane to lift a 1000 pound split bed lathe out of an old army truck and the bed was 4 feet off the ground, so they could easily get into the back of a box truck, but if you have a gravel driveway you might want to lay down something like plywood for the crane to roll on.

I wan't to thank everyone for their comments! It is in my shop and all set up.

The box turned out to be an easy two person lift, and we just put it in the back of my Jeep. I was all set up to use my engine crane to transfer it from my jeep to my workbench, but when I went to see how heavy it really was, I found that it is easy to bear hug and carry the bare frame the 10 feet to my workbench. If I ever had another delivered I would think nothing of unloading it from the truck myself, by lifting each component out of the truck. Im also a big guy who weighs more than I care to admit. The setup was straight forward, even though no documentation of any kind was provided. I know I will have questions on recommended mounting location, lubrication etc. but for now I'm going to set it on my workbench with the plan of trying a few locations in my shop to see what works best. It's funny that I can find tons of information on every aspect of every other shop tool, but I can't find and good information on anything related arbor press.​
Here is a video of my unboxing and setup:

I figured I would share the little bit of information I have in case others were eying this press. So far I'm pretty happy, but I won't do a tool review on ant item I haven't used for a while.

Thanks Again,

Chris

THANKS FOR POSTING . $147 IS A BARGAIN ! I DO INTEND TO GET ONE OF THESE ,
I MISSED THE LEAP DAY SALE BECAUSE I COULDN'T FIND THE PROMO CODES BEFORE THEY EXPIRED .

I HAVE SINCE FOUND A CURRENT SOURCE OF CODES ON THE ENCO FACEBOOK PAGE .

I HAVE A 2 TON ROYERSFORD EXCELSIOR PRESS BUT IT WON'T OPEN UP TO THE 12"
I NEED FOR MY KEYWAY BROACHES . A RATCHET ARM IS THE ICING ON THE CAKE .

THANKS FOR POSTING . $147 IS A BARGAIN ! I DO INTEND TO GET ONE OF THESE ,
I MISSED THE LEAP DAY SALE BECAUSE I COULDN'T FIND THE PROMO CODES BEFORE THEY EXPIRED .

I HAVE SINCE FOUND A CURRENT SOURCE OF CODES ON THE ENCO FACEBOOK PAGE .

I HAVE A 2 TON ROYERSFORD EXCELSIOR PRESS BUT IT WON'T OPEN UP TO THE 12"
I NEED FOR MY KEYWAY BROACHES . A RATCHET ARM IS THE ICING ON THE CAKE .

I just read your post and went out and measured mine. It has a little over 12" clearance from the base to the ram without the pressure plate installed. The pressure plate is 1" thick so it is only a little over 11" with the pressure plate installed. I don't know if that is a limiting factor for you.

It is also a little over 5-3/4 from the back to the center of the ram, but you can still press the center of a 12" diameter but the press point easily.

Here is the link to an unlisted youtube video that i just made with the measurements

Chris

Last edited:
Back