Grizzly G0670 16x40 Taiwan Variable Speed Lathe

Nah, never. Just trying to make sure you don't try to do anything that's not necessary. I wish people would do the same for me too. I'm always being an idiot. :)

I would have wired it up to then posted the mod on the forum all proud of it you saved me :big grin: Somehow this is Bills fault! (Coolidge wanders off in search of his brain)

Bill hey feel free to share any info you have dug up on the Pratt Burnerd chucks in this thread. I haven't had a chance to look into them so I'd appreciate any info you could share. I'll be looking at the SamChully, Bison, and if Darkzero starts trouble I'll post some Schunk chucks.

Don't have the lathe yet (takes a week to get from PA to Denver, then another week to go 30 miles to Longmont? Sheesh...) but I can tell you the fit and finish on this thing is excellent. Some minor dings on the adapter plate had to be stoned out, but it too looks impressive (and solid steel). Shiny rainbow finish on the entire thing. These things are rather heavy too, but that won't matter once it's mounted.

Here's the test certificate. Maybe someone can explain what I'm looking at here. :)

DSCN4316.jpg

I have the baby SB which has never needed a single adjustment, and have played with a 14". As someone here said "these things are built like family heirlooms", but I suspect that extra quality and fit/finish would be lost on most people.

Update from Grizzly:

Width of the cross slide = 6 inches
Width of the compound = 3.875 inches

The distance from the top of the G0670 compound to the lathe centerline is 1.50 inches. That's .200 less than the G0509G but well within the range of the Dorian CXA QCTP. Here's the specs on the Dorian CXA...

Minimum tool height 1.25 inches
Maximum tool height 2.25 inches
Ideal tool height 1.625 inches

I just unboxed my Dorian BXA last night. That's a lot of tool post. Can't imagine what a CXA looks like.

Back