Grizzly G0670 16x40 Taiwan Variable Speed Lathe

Found it bill thanks. Where did you buy it I searched on-line and it seems like the Pratt Burnerd are not sold by many suppliers, MSC but dang their prices.

Griz. Cost is the same for Bison or Pratt. :)

Bought my Dorian from them too. Same price as the Aloris.

Grizzly cool. I tried to order some stuff on Enco the other day when there was a 20% off sale plus no sales tax to me on Enco but Grizzly still had them crushed on price.

So...have you bought that bad boy yet? What's the hold up? ;)

Coolidge, I almost went down the path you are going down.

I started looking at the G0709 14x40... and than decided I would be sorry if I didn't get something with a bit more mass, so started thinking about the G0509G... and then heard about the RML 1440 lathes, and thought that would be awesome...

And then I figured out for the extra $$$ I would spend on the RML1440, I could buy a G0709... and a Tormach 1100 cnc mill (which I did). And then I could buy the Tormach slant bed cnc lathe in another year or two (which I haven't done yet). Yes, not industrial machines, but I figured I would have them NOW instead of someday in the distant future, which was all my lusting after Haas mini mills was going to result. I figured that if the day came where I was making money with my machines, that would be the point to step up to an industrial cnc machine.

Bill - the wait is on for a 10% off coupon, I'll probably give it 3-6 weeks since I have another machine due in any time now and I'll be dealing with that.

tmarks11 - I hear you but having run Haas and Mori Seiki CNC machines a Tormach is not in my future.

Hmmm its 11pm I'm half tempted to get up in a few hours and trek the hell up near Canada to visit the Grizzly Bellingham showroom tomorrow, stay tuned.

March Wood Working Journal had a 10% grizzly coupon in it (subscription version only); if you go haunt one of the wood working forums (like Sawmill Creek or Woodnet), maybe you can find someone who will give you the code.

I am not a subscriber; just read the discussion on Saw Mill Creek forum.

Last edited:
LOL damn Boeing ran that lathe into the ground.

Yea, I was kinda thinking the same thing. But then Boeing doesn't let their machines just sit around. That old horse has some mileage on it.

Back