Grizzly G0670 16x40 Taiwan Variable Speed Lathe

ahh, it not that bad. A machine wholesaler will snap it up, slap a coat of gray paint on everything that doesn't move (and some on stuff that moves) and sell it for triple the price as "professionally refurbished".

:D

Update:

1. I took a shot at a Grizzly 10% off coupon by subscribing to Woodworkers Journal, it was only $10 for the subscription. There's a coupon in the March/April issue that expires April 13th I think, they said allow 4-6 weeks for the first issue so we'll see.
2. I ruled out driving up there, paying cash and picking up the machine in person, if you purchase from the store you have to pay sales tax. :cussing:Plus it has started to rain here, tiss the season in the Pacific NW.

3. Rigging - I may get smart and just hire a rigger to deal with this. I can have it shipped to the rigger and they can haul it to my house and manage it with the proper equipment. I checked my local tool rental, wow lame their fork lift maxes out at 3,000 lbs and their pallet jack max is 2,500 lbs. Dang the Harbor Freight pallet jack will handle 5,000 lbs.

With the above in motion I'll turn my attention to tooling and work holding. I guess I also need to get the G4003G ready for sale.

What, you're not going to keep the 4003? ;)

I've got some ideas for the small SB, and will likely use it like a second op machine. I like the idea of hiring the rigger. Don't want to damage your new toy (or you for that matter) just trying to get it home.

So soon you can make some uber-beefy half shafts out of unobtainium for that Raptor. ;)

Bill the G4003G is going up for sale, someone will get a hellava deal on that package. In fact I may go take some photos today and throw it on craigslist and see what happens.

In other news to protect my investment I purchased some 'lathe defense' yesterday, an H&K P30S V3 in .40 S&W

Bill the G4003G is going up for sale, someone will get a hellava deal on that package. In fact I may go take some photos today and throw it on craigslist and see what happens.

In other news to protect my investment I purchased some 'lathe defense' yesterday, an H&K P30S V3 in .40 S&W

Why not offer it to the members here as well? Just a suggestion.

Update: The Grizzly G0670 is again the leader after a brief bit if excitement regarding the single phase RML 1640V. The RML 1640V looks to only have double V ways vs the Grizzly triple V ways, 8-10 weeks for delivery, and pricing. Even with the additional $1,800 I'll have to spend for a RPC for the Grizzly, with no sales tax, $495 shipping, its already on sale for $1,000 off plus another 10% off if I can get a Grizzly discount code well none of the other RML lathe brands are price competitive with Grizzly. So its back to the waiting game for a 10% off Grizzly coupon.

Related news

1. There's no sales tax if shipped to Oregon.
2. Jim connected me with a local rental place that rents the hydraulic scissor lift trailers for $75 a day.
3. I spoke with grizzly, yes if you buy 2 or more machines totaling over $5,000 they will consider giving you a discount but they said it wouldn't be anywhere close to the 10$ off coupon.
4. As I am not a veteran the current 10% off for veterans is not an option.

While I'm waiting I'll distract myself taking delivery of a large crate tomorrow!!

And you still haven't told me what the heck it is yet!! :cussing:

Back