G4000 ELS Upgrade

Electronics Interconnections:

View attachment 382888
What are you some sort of brain surgeon?
This is rocket science stuff, don't you know this is a hobby machinists forum??
Just kidding man, I'm so jealous.

Hahaha! ..... Interestingly enough, funny you should say that, I just used my new PM935 mill to make a fixture adapter for a Neurosurgical Skull Clamping apparatus for one of the Operating Rooms I support :laughing: .....no kidding, the mill is earning it's keep.
I'm eager to get playing with this ELS, it will certainly breathe new life into my old faithful lathe!

Very minor progress today, Grizzly Green

Cabinet ext.jpg Cabinet Int.jpg

Last edited:
Quite a bit of wiring has now fallen into place. Printed @clough42 DIN rail mounts for the TI Launchpad Board, so it's mostly plug-n-play when the rest of the stuff gets here.
Tried to keep the data-lines away from power and keep high and low power components separated as best I can, from a layout standpoint. Green pot scrubber across the air intake vents should keep crud out (secured in place by prickly velcro).
Of course I'm printing my own cable exits too! :rolleyes:
Wiring2.jpg Exit.jpg

Last edited:
Almost there, just the drive-belt and the micro-controller board to arrive now.

Servo Drive.jpg

The TI Launchpad board arrived today and I am just awaiting the last timing belt which is shipping out from Florida tomorrow, so hopefully next week. With all the previous work done,it was truly plug-n-play, and no signs of blue smoke!
Now to neaten up the wiring a bit and clean-up the mess around the lathe!
Well It's alive and the pics below show such :laughing:
Alive1.jpgAlive2.jpg

Back