FREE Date Lookup for Members in Serial Number Reference Book!

Bob K -- Yeah, I realize you're not Amigo, but I was hoping he was still around and offering this service from his copy of the serial number reference book. So far, vintage machinery has been a dead end -- they only have info for the old style, and that info only goes up to 1947.

And so far, Bourn and Koch has not been much help. I spoke with the guy there about a week ago, but getting out of his chair and walking over to another building to check the records has not been a priority for him.

Amigo and your book -- where are you?
dshore

Got the answer from member of Practical Machinist forum --- 1961
dshore

I've not offered this before but here goes.
I have the Serial Number Reference Book 9th edition, for metalworking machinery. If people on this forum do not know when their metalworking machinery was made, but need that info in order to find parts or accessories; post make, model and serial number and I'll look them up. If the book lists your machine & serial number I'll post it.
Please be patient & I'll reply in the order the posts are listed.

BTW, this edition of the book does not list machinery built after the year 1983.

Must add that this is a reference of "industrial" machinery. My grandfather's 1952 Craftsman 6" lathe is not listed.

Hello! I have an old Leblond cone head 16" lathe S/N 3256 . 4. Would you happen to know when it was built?

Post made me recall having this book as well. Mines 11th ed printed in 1994.
Good for old equipment
5cdc9a1c0d770a94673ede5df60a53ce.jpg

Hello! I have an old Leblond cone head 16" lathe S/N 3256 . 4. Would you happen to know when it was built?

That ones probably way older 19(teens) or 20’s than these reference books cover.
Id look on the vintage machinery site.

I emailed Leblond and they believe that this lathe was born in 1915.

Cheeseking, I have serial number 17045 of a Boyar Shultz 612 Deluxe hand surface grinder.

I think the Deluxe model was late 50s or early 60s. Can you look that one up? I am going to need spindle bearings soon, and year would be a big help.

I’m looking for info on a sheldon lathe it appears to look like a 1936 I am tearing it down started tonight because it need tlc and alot of scrubbing but I’m trying to gather info on it where would i find the serial number ive looked and wiped down spots looking and cant find them

I’m looking for info on a sheldon lathe it appears to look like a 1936 I am tearing it down started tonight because it need tlc and alot of scrubbing but I’m trying to gather info on it where would i find the serial number ive looked and wiped down spots looking and cant find them

Attachments

• EA24E1B9-7BFE-4730-A7E6-1B58B013425F.jpeg
    EA24E1B9-7BFE-4730-A7E6-1B58B013425F.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 26
Back