FREE Date Lookup for Members in Serial Number Reference Book!

Amigo

Registered
Registered
I've not offered this before but here goes.
I have the Serial Number Reference Book 9th edition, for metalworking machinery. If people on this forum do not know when their metalworking machinery was made, but need that info in order to find parts or accessories; post make, model and serial number and I'll look them up. If the book lists your machine & serial number I'll post it.
Please be patient & I'll reply in the order the posts are listed.

BTW, this edition of the book does not list machinery built after the year 1983.

Must add that this is a reference of "industrial" machinery. My grandfather's 1952 Craftsman 6" lathe is not listed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pete:
Sorry, no Atlas or Atlas Press machinery is listed. However some Clausing Atlas machinery is listed; cylindrical grinders, Surface grinders, tool & cutter grinders, lathes, & Optical comparators. Also listed under Clausing Atlas is also a short list of "Atlas" lathes but no milling machines, horz. or vert.

Tony Wells:
Sorry, no Zayer is listed. However, Zager (Inc.) of Cleveland, Ohio is & lowest ser.#6191 yr. mfg. 1945.

Amigo, thanks for looking. It is a Zayer, however....it's a European machine, and I should have realized it's might not be listed. Funny though, the overarm has a Cleveland emblem affixed to it.

I'll look at the other old machines in the shop and see if you can find them. One is an old (ex Navy, I think) G&E shaper, and the Model 16-W Monarch lathe.

Tony, there are a few listing for European and Japanese machinery...major conglomerates ie. Nissan etc.
Are you trying to locate repair parts for the other machines you have in mind? For Monarch, just call them in Sidney, Ohio.

Amigo, I am looking for any and all information for both, one for repair and one for rebuilding. I really don't want to tackle the work without some parts lists or a manual. I have very little for either of them. I do know that Monarch can furnish some of the parts I will likely need, but G&E I don't have much hope of that for.

Tony, the book does not show any reference to "G&E" equipment. It does have GF Industries Inc. dba Swift-Ohio Co.
Also, GKN Lincoln Electric of England, GM Industries Inc. dba Avey Upright Drill Press, Gallmeyer & Livingston grinding machinery. There is also Gemco Shapers (GE?)built by Warner & Swasey Co. of Lima, Ohio and a Gilman Engineering (GE?) & Mfg. Co. a Div. of Giddings & Lewis located in Janesville WI.
What does G&E stand for? Even though I've been around awhile, I've not come across a G&E shaper.

G&E is a Gould and Eberhardt. I have a 32". It runs ok, but has a few homemade parts I don't think even remotely look like they should. I want to find some pictures if I can. I don't really think I'll find parts for it.

Tony does your shaper look like this one? If it looks close I got some literature with it when I picked it up a couple years ago. I haven't looked at it so don't know what it is or where it's at right now, but here somewhere.
11-21-07014.jpg
11-21-07015.jpg
11-21-07016.jpg
11-21-07017.jpg
11-21-07018.jpg

Back