FREE Date Lookup for Members in Serial Number Reference Book!

I would like to know what year my 'new' surface grinder was made. Boyar Schultz 1A618 challenger. Serial number: CH-3753-1A
Thank you.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Hey everyone, I found a online version of this book so anyone can download it and save it. If anyone is interested in a copy I can post the link, if forum rules allow it? I don't know thats why I won't post it now.

@mp4freedom
Your lathe looks like a Sheldon 10 inch "semi quick-change".
I have a similar one with a gearbox and legs.

they removed these overhead drive & plain bearing ones from their catalog around 1948.

strange that it doesn't have the Sheldon mark on the front-right end of the bed casting...
usually the serial number is stamped on the top of the ways, on the right side

Hopefully its off the wagon and on a bench now!

Hey guys, I'm buying a leblond heavy duty lathe, curious if anyone could look this up. Its very hard to make out, but the best I can tell its: ND 81774 The 8 could also be a 3, its only half way stamped. Another thing thats weird is that number isnt located where most others seem to be, it was on the end face of the ways by the tailstock, not on top.

Any thoughts? Thanks for any help!

-Montgomery

This is what the 11th edition has…

a7829cf3c707fabc4dd48a7cb6edfdd8.jpg

1836e11495c833b010a20efe90482ebc.jpg

6b84480046561a00d527e3c5c8e31125.jpg

b86376c759e082bedcd803c04ff81923.jpg

Also look around their website.
Thanks man!

I got the lathe moved to my shop lastnight and cleaned up a little, I still didn't find a serial number on the ways where other seem to be located, but i did find one on the carriage that is stamped much better and is: ND8174. Previous owner claims to have the owners manual laying around somewhere, im hoping to get that as well

I've not offered this before but here goes.
I have the Serial Number Reference Book 9th edition, for metalworking machinery. If people on this forum do not know when their metalworking machinery was made, but need that info in order to find parts or accessories; post make, model and serial number and I'll look them up. If the book lists your machine & serial number I'll post it.
Please be patient & I'll reply in the order the posts are listed.

BTW, this edition of the book does not list machinery built after the year 1983.

Must add that this is a reference of "industrial" machinery. My grandfather's 1952 Craftsman 6" lathe is not listed.
Have a Moore Jig Bore with the SN - 667

Back