FREE Date Lookup for Members in Serial Number Reference Book!

Hello, Wagoneer, I had a premonition you might stop by here. Got Boyer-Schultz already bookmarked.

Boyer-Schultz Corp.
An Esterline Company
2000 S. 25th Street
Broadview, IL. 60153

Model/Size: 6 x 12
Year 1951 began with Ser. #5500, Year 1952 began with ser. #6500
Your 6030, was built in 1951

Amigo.... I know this is way old post but I was checking the book I have and it seems the info above may need revisiting.. I see where you got the 1951 on the 612 list on left page but according to this the 612's with "HY-" serial # prefixes are a different machine? Not saying which is correct but from this his machine would appear to be a 1966

Hmmmm
6y6usupu.jpg

6y6usupu.jpg

I have a brown & sharpe no 2 surface grinder. serial is 12500. I would greatly appreciate if someone could enlighten me as to the date of manufacture. Thank you.

Jeremy, B&S #2 surface grinder serial numbers mfg'd after 1950 or so went to a "split" format as follows
523-2-xxx
523 is the machine "type"
2 is the "model/size"
Xxx is the sequential serial #

Based on your number it is definitely older than 1950...

Last serial # for 1941 was 13960
Last serial # for 1943 was 16679

Therefore using an educated guess I'd say 1940-ish...??

Jeremy, B&S #2 surface grinder serial numbers mfg'd after 1950 or so went to a "split" format as follows
523-2-xxx
523 is the machine "type"
2 is the "model/size"
Xxx is the sequential serial #

Based on your number it is definitely older than 1950...

Last serial # for 1941 was 13960
Last serial # for 1943 was 16679

Therefore using an educated guess I'd say 1940-ish...??

Thank you.

If someone is still offering, I have an Index Model 40H serial no. 552.
I think it is between 1935 and 1939.

Thanks
mhooper

If anyone knows how to find South Bend Lathes I have an 11" by 3 1/2 foot bed, catalog no. 563-ZB Ser. No. 33132 I did find one old pdf that sort of rounded down to possible date but I can't find it anymore nor did it tell me much. I have opened a thread under the South Bend section before I found this thread so I hope no one ends up double posting any info. Thanks in advance.

Greg

I've not offered this before but here goes.
I have the Serial Number Reference Book 9th edition, for metalworking machinery. If people on this forum do not know when their metalworking machinery was made, but need that info in order to find parts or accessories; post make, model and serial number and I'll look them up. If the book lists your machine & serial number I'll post it.
Please be patient & I'll reply in the order the posts are listed.

BTW, this edition of the book does not list machinery built after the year 1983.

Must add that this is a reference of "industrial" machinery. My grandfather's 1952 Craftsman 6" lathe is not listed.
Amigo, I have a Rockford 14" x 36" Economy lathe with serial number GE 3519 Can you tell me it's date of manufacture? Thanks,

Rtindy

Hello:
I am looking for year-built info for a Brown & Sharpe No. 13 universal grinder. The machine's serial number is 525-13-1348. The machine is, what I believe, known as the new style machine. B&S apparently changed from the old style No. 13 to the new style in the mid or late 1950s. So far, the best I have been able to do for determining its build year is sometime between the late 50s to around 1970.
Looking forward to any help you can provide,
dshore

Hello:
I am looking for year-built info for a Brown & Sharpe No. 13 universal grinder. The machine's serial number is 525-13-1348. The machine is, what I believe, known as the new style machine. B&S apparently changed from the old style No. 13 to the new style in the mid or late 1950s. So far, the best I have been able to do for determining its build year is sometime between the late 50s to around 1970.
Looking forward to any help you can provide,
dshore
I am not Amigo, but maybe I can help a little...

Here:
is probably the best place to find B&S machinery manuals and other B&S documents on the web.

Here:
is the only source for serial number information that I can find on the web.

You could also call Bourn and Koch, who are the major parts and publications suppliers for older B&S machines:

Hope that helps...

Back