FREE Date Lookup for Members in Serial Number Reference Book!

Amigo link=topic=767.msg5806#msg5806 date=1299081828 said:
Please stay with us... I think you will find the experience very rewarding.

Thank you very much for the information and the warm welcome......

Last edited by a moderator:
Amigo thank you for doing this
I have a LeBlond 14X30 precision tool room lathe #NC-1058
sold to the US Navy in 1944
Bob

Bob:
Your LeBlond 14x30 tool room lathe ser. #NC-1058 was built in early 1943.
1943 production of 14" NC's began with ser.# 1050
1944 production of 14" NC's began with ser.# 1151
The 14 "NC" series was discontinued in early 1959.
As a side note, demand & production slowed considerably after the Korean war and then the years 1958 thru 1961 were pretty bad recession years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

If your offer is still good to do lookups, I would appreciate a year for a Sheldon Machine Co. lathe, Cat#TE-1236-P. The serial number is TME-17561.

Thank you!

Amigo,

How about a Rockwell mill 21-100, ser. # 1327803

Thanks!

Re: FREE Date Lookup for Members in Serial Number Reference Book! 16"sebastian

I've not offered this before but here goes.
I have the Serial Number Reference Book 9th edition, for metalworking machinery. If people on this forum do not know when their metalworking machinery was made, but need that info in order to find parts or accessories; post make, model and serial number and I'll look them up. If the book lists your machine & serial number I'll post it.
Please be patient & I'll reply in the order the posts are listed.

BTW, this edition of the book does not list machinery built after the year 1983.

Must add that this is a reference of "industrial" machinery. My grandfather's 1952 Craftsman 6" lathe is not listed.

Hello
I know this is a old post but could you look up a Sebastian ser#K5099R.
thanks

Hi Amigo,

going on vacation in the morning, but couldn't pass up the opportunity to ask if you have any info on a Rockford 14x36 lathe I've owned for a few years now. The serial # is H981. John Oder on PM gave me an advertisement and spec sheet, and I was grateful to get it, but it's not dated.
I will understand if your book doesn't cover them.
Thanks so much

I am in the process of restoring a Greeves Klusman conehead lathe. ser# L271 47 Someone told me they thought it was from around 1905-06. any ideas?

Looks like you are the third person in the world beside me and John with a GK; got a pic?? I cant make out my serial no. too well...

Back