Ditron vs Sino...wich is better in your opinion

Is it possible I hit a setting by accident that turned off the scales? I remember playing with the REF setting?

Edti: I went through all the settings and did a factory reset. Still not working. This may answer the OPs question!

Last edited:
Is it possible I hit a setting by accident that turned off the scales? I remember playing with the REF setting?

Edti: I went through all the settings and did a factory reset. Still not working. This may answer the OPs question!
IDK, but if you don't get it figured out, email the address I sent you. They were very responsive to me and I'm sure they will help you.

Thanks Gaffer- They wanted me to send a video to that email which I did. I will report back the resolution. I really think the DRO is shot.

The engineers at Ditron have decided that my DRO main board is bad (after one day of use.) I was hoping they would send me a whole new display unit but they are just sending the board. So I will have to take it apart and replace the board; not optimal. If that fixes it I guess I can deal with that.

The engineers at Ditron have decided that my DRO main board is bad (after one day of use.) I was hoping they would send me a whole new display unit but they are just sending the board. So I will have to take it apart and replace the board; not optimal. If that fixes it I guess I can deal with that.
Maybe it'll go fast in a smaller parcel. Would you mind taking pics of the unit when you get it apart? I am curious about what the board is populated with as far as I/O, and how the extra features like RPM sensing and additional channels are layed out. Without taking my own apart to do it, of course.

Reactions: rwm
Yep. I wonder if my old board could be repaired? It's probably just one chip that failed?

Yep. I wonder if my old board could be repaired? It's probably just one chip that failed?
If it worked for a bit and failed, it could be a cold joint on the SMDs. You can use an oven or heat gun to re-flow the solder, but not until factory service freezes you out first.

I installed the new board and it works fine. Something failed on the original board.
Pontiac-Here is a pic of the old board
1692059634231.png
The read head cables come in on the right side connectors. I guess I'm just gonna trash this.

That shows me what I was looking for- the board is ready to accept RPM and X, Y, Z, U from the factory, but the serial is not populated. There is a header for USB, its tx traces probably go to the I/O controller, meaning it could be fed from a bluetooth module or USB, but that does no good since I can't find firmware on the Ditron site anyway. Not that there's anything wrong with mine, I just want to add features as they become available. Good to know I can tie in an RPM module if I wanted, that's something I have been wondering about. I would really like to see cutter SFM from inputted diameter along with feed speed on the display, but that's wishful thinking.

Why do you think there is a Z axis? There are only two connectors on the right?

Back