Ditron vs Sino...wich is better in your opinion

Suzuki4evr

Registered
Registered
Hi guys.
I know I have said in another thread that I opted for a Ditron D60-2V with mag scales for $393 incl shipping ,but there is als a option for a Sino also with mag scales for $320 incl. shipping. The difference in our courency is quite big. My question to the members is wich one would you choose, because I value the H-M members opinion. Please don't say I must rather go for Heidenheim or DRO PROS or some other make,because I only want opinions on these two contenders mentioned. I must make a decision by tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.

Your opinion will be valuable.

I have bought a number of items from Ditron and have had no problems. The DRO I bought was well documented in very readable English. The electronics seem to be good. The only problem I had was a communication issue where they didn't exactly understand what I wanted for the scale mount, just a language translation problem. I sent them a picture of what I wanted and they sent the correct parts.

Having said that, I know nothing about the Sino systems so I can't comment on them.

I forgot to mention that the Ditron is available at Alibaba and the Sino from Aliexpress

I have bought a number of items from Ditron and have had no problems. The DRO I bought was well documented in very readable English. The electronics seem to be good. The only problem I had was a communication issue where they didn't exactly understand what I wanted for the scale mount, just a language translation problem. I sent them a picture of what I wanted and they sent the correct parts.

Having said that, I know nothing about the Sino systems so I can't comment on them.
Thank you Jim.

I have a Ditron D80 that i chose because of the display readability. Not sure about the D60 or the Sino model. Some of the yellowish displays show the outline of the unlit segments too prominently, and are harder to read, in my opinion. The D80 is terrific.

I have a Sino on my lathe with glass scales. It's 4 years and haven't had any problems. The manual is very easy to understand.

I have a Sino on my lathe with glass scales. It's 4 years and haven't had any problems. The manual is very easy to understand.
For interest sake,do you floodcool or not? Reason for the coolent contamination problem with glass scales.

I use flood coolant on occasion. The scale is mounted on the far side of the apron. far enough away from the coolant flow at the chuck. So far no issues. I do clean the scales once a year or when ever I remember.

Last edited:
I should say that I have only used the Ditron magnetic scales, not their glass ones. I much prefer magnetic scales, pretty much bullet proof, and coolant proof. After 6 years I did replace the magnetic strip on my mill (about $40) I spilled some MEK on it and the tape started coming loose. Other than that, it has been soaked in coolant and oil for years.

Back