Diesel owners , do we have any on board ?

Centennial 03 Lariat here as well . Truck is absolutely gorgeous as well as interior . As with everything I owned , I don't want this truck to be pushed to the back burner . It's too nice a vehicle to let go to the weeds .
My theory on my trucks is that I want something i won't feel bad 'treating like a truck'. My pickup before was a long-bed XL (no T!) '92 F250. So it was RWD and pretty beat to hell. I loaded that bed with as much gravel as it would take without hitting the overload springs, and it seemed to love it. Now THAT interior was garbage...

The previous body style (before yours/my current one) had a defect with the door handles where frequent opening of the drivers door would 'tear' the metal making it so it would frequently re-break the handles. I probably replaced it like 10x despite every time I pulled off the door card doing something to try to fix the tear. I loved that truck though... best looking F250s ever.

Forscan lite works well with a Bluetooth obd mx adapter and a smart phone. Have been using it on the 7.3l for over a year instead of pulling out the labtop with AE on it.

I'm on the other forum and the Edge CTS was advised . Any input on this piece ?

All I did was install egt and boost gauges to monitor the basics and use forscan when something is acting funny since I can take screen shots as a reference. Still have a fuel press and hpop sitting on the shelf that will be installed when I pull the motor to fix the oil pan.

FTE is a good place to get reviews on what works well as well as for repair/troubleshooting. Would also recommend picking up a copy of the factory manual on cd.

Thanks Jackle , I'm flip flopping back and forth as we speak . I would rather go the gauge route myself also . My confidence level on these motors has dropped 10 fold reading up on FTE . My brain is fried . :big grin:

from what I understand is that if the fixes are completed the the 6.0 is a good motor and you just have to worry about the gremlins that pop up from time to time just like on the 7.3. Biggest thing is to keep the oil clean since the injectors are run off of the high pressure oil. Hardest part is troubleshooting the sensors when they start acting up but that's where FTE comes in handy. FTE is like here where help is right around the corner when you need it.

from what I understand is that if the fixes are completed the the 6.0 is a good motor and you just have to worry about the gremlins that pop up from time to time just like on the 7.3. Biggest thing is to keep the oil clean since the injectors are run off of the high pressure oil. Hardest part is troubleshooting the sensors when they start acting up but that's where FTE comes in handy. FTE is like here where help is right around the corner when you need it.

I'm finding it a very friendly site also as this one is , just trying to absorb as much information as I can in a short period . :eek 2:

you have all the time you need until the gremlins come out to play

I had an 02 Dmax, so I'm no help. I pulled a 15,000 lb boat, and 10" I beam triple axle trailer for 100,000 miles, and changed 1 injector. :)

I had an 02 Dmax, so I'm no help. I pulled a 15,000 lb boat, and 10" I beam triple axle trailer for 100,000 miles, and changed 1 injector. :)

Yeah , but could it have handled my new camp stove ? :laughing:

Back