Diesel owners , do we have any on board ?

I still drive my '03 F350 swb Superduty occasionally. I had the injectors replaced many years ago but that was my fault (lack of maintenance). Other than that zero issues over the years, now around 275,000 miles it still purrs like kitten.

Four door, long bed, 4x4, what a great truck it has been. I would buy another one but this one doesn't quit. I switched to an Expedition in '18 instead but kept the truck for work and towing.

Hurricane blew trees over everywhere here this week. Fireplace wood is easy pickings right now, my sons and I will cut another truckload tomorrow.

I still drive my '03 F350 swb Superduty occasionally. I had the injectors replaced many years ago but that was my fault (lack of maintenance). Other than that zero issues over the years, now around 275,000 miles it still purrs like kitten.

Four door, long bed, 4x4, what a great truck it has been. I would buy another one but this one doesn't quit. I switched to an Expedition in '18 instead but kept the truck for work and towing.

Hurricane blew trees over everywhere here this week. Fireplace wood is easy pickings right now, my sons and I will cut another truckload tomorrow.
Before the 'Rona let me work from home all the time, I daily drove my 01 longbed F250 superduty (ext cab? whatever it is called). I JUST hit 200k and haven't had to do much maintenance besides a turbo platform (again a 7.3). I'm amazed at how great of a truck it is with such a shoddy made interior. The nice part though is the replacement parts are cheap!

Better, just knock on my door, I'll hand you the keys. Drive it around for a few weeks then return it. A few more miles won't hurt it.

Before the 'Rona let me work from home all the time, I daily drove my 01 longbed F250 superduty (ext cab? whatever it is called). I JUST hit 200k and haven't had to do much maintenance besides a turbo platform (again a 7.3). I'm amazed at how great of a truck it is with such a shoddy made interior. The nice part though is the replacement parts are cheap!

I bought the Lariat, heated leather seats and rearview mirrors. Grey wood interior, etc. It was a nice truck for many years before wear and tear set in.

I'm switching back and forth among the HM and FTE forums tonight . I'm in the need of a monitor . I have a SCT tuner already but need to know what is going on in the engine . :cool:

My brother had an '05 dually with super tuner. Holey Smokes!, what an over powered beast that was. I could shred the rear 4 wheels with the tap of the accelerator.

I bought the Lariat, heated leather seats and rearview mirrors. Grey wood interior, etc. It was a nice truck for many years before wear and tear set in.
Ah, thats much nicer than mine :) I have just the XLT, but it has the cloth interior. However, mine is the "4x4" model (later sold as the FX4) with the steel rock guards everywhere.

I just remembered, I did struts(or shocks? I forget which is which) on mine all 4 corners right away. Mine had some fancy brand for the 4x4/FX4 which are apparently overrated, so I did Bildstiens pretty affordably.

Centennial 03 Lariat here as well . Truck is absolutely gorgeous as well as interior . As with everything I've owned , I don't want this truck to be pushed to the back burner . It's too nice a vehicle to let go to the weeds .

There's a pic of the truck in here .........................

2001 F350 SD, 7.3L, 128,000 miles, sitting in the driveway with a knockered transmission. Basic XL 2-door, 4WD.
Received in lieu of payment for services rendered.
Drove it ~250 miles when the tranny conked out.

Back