Community Build 1 SOSE

Can't remember who the other non US member was. I've no problem in acquiring the 6-32 screws from the local fasteners outlet. Although I'll need to get them with a bunch of other items (they have a minimum $20 cash sale). It's almost time I opened an account with them as we are on a first name basis :grin:

4R8,
The other non US guy is Hawkeye in BC. Around here the stores sell small containers of small screws and bolts, so anytime I need some I just pick up a small container as my collection of small nuts and bolts shows it. Myself or someone else can pick up a pack of required sizes if need be, just let us know for sure.
Paul

4R8,
The other non US guy is Hawkeye in BC. Around here the stores sell small containers of small screws and bolts, so anytime I need some I just pick up a small container as my collection of small nuts and bolts shows it. Myself or someone else can pick up a pack of required sizes if need be, just let us know for sure.
Paul

I'm sure Hawkeye would have these on the shelf but we won't assume that :D

I'll prbably pick up a "grab kit", not sure if you guys use this term, its a container as you mentioned but has quite a few of many different sizes in the thread type it is based on. Very handy and i don't believe I have one to date with any 6-32's in them.

Being a Metric country in which many Inferiol based products, machinery and computer come into means our fasteners outlets have pretty much anything ever used throughout the world. I'm sure fasteners suppliers in the US would be the same though, having an endless supply of metric products.

Jason

We're bilingual up here. I can get standard and metric screws no problem. Actually, as an electrician, I use 6-32 and 8-32 screws every day.

Maybe whoever makes a part with a threaded hole should ship the parts with screws to fit. That will make for an interesting engine. Some metric, some SAE.

Nobody has mentioned the spring yet. I guess we could all find our own for that.

As I have 7 of the 8 flywheels done, I'll be needing to ship them out soon. To those down under and in Canada, let me know what hardware you need and I'll include it withn the flywheel...

John

I'll sort my own hardware out, that's fine.

Just got off the phone with a belt supplier, I should have new belts for the lathe on Tuesday.
We're full steam ahead after that again!

No problem, John. I'll take care of hardware. Thanks.

The frames I am making have 3) 2-56, 2) 6-32 threaded holes and a 10-32 threaded hole where the air supply comes in. Would you like for me to supply the screws for the 2-56 & 6-32. I would probably guess that if they are to long then everyone can cut to length? The air supply hole 10-32, what do you suggest we use for a fitting on that?

Great offer by, speaking for myself, I can easily come up with the extra hardware needed. No reason for you to go to the trouble. As for the fitting on the air supply hole, I haven't taken a look at the sizes yet but I'm pretty sure I can find a torch tip that would work even if it takes a little turning to look good.

-Ron

Turbo,
I am making the pivot pin that goes thru the frame and need to know what size hole you made for it? The drawing calls for 0.156 dia. running fit so your hole should be a little bigger say around 0.157-0.158. I can go with your hole size as I just started to make the first one, just let me know then I can procede with them. The pin has to move freely in the hole or else it will bind and maybe break.
Thanks,
Paul

We should be able to make our own air inlet fittings by drilling a 1/16" hole through a 10-32 bolt with a short unthreaded section. Maybe add a jam nut to pull the threads tight.

Back