Community Build 1 SOSE

How many flywheels am I making? 8 or 10?

Thanks!
John

How many flywheels am I making? 8 or 10?

Thanks!
John

Ooh, good question. I hadn't even thought of that!

Last list on the allocation was:
Pjf134- axle and pins
4R8- piston
Hawkeye- main bearing
JGedde- flywheel
Scrapmetal- crank
B34VD-base
Turbo- frame
David U.-cylinder and cap (all parts being sent to him to distribute less one part that you are making I assume unless he wants to fit and ream parts for all)

So that's 8 by my count? Hopefully everyone is accounted for there.

We started out with 10 people and 2 dropped out at the start, so we now have 8. Some people are making 10 parts and calling them spares or they were having too much fun and got carried away. I did find a video of this engine running, but could not get it to download on this post.
Paul (pjf134) http://youtu.be/kohP4Ab7pdo

Last edited:
Does anyone elses computer enter ' every time an apostrophe is used in a word. Really distracting while reading.

Does anyone elses computer enter ' every time an apostrophe is used in a word. Really distracting while reading.

brought up many times over in more appropriate sections but it applies to unedited posts made prior to the forum upgrade.
Hopefully there is a fix available at some point

I have a video of mine running: http://youtu.be/V0wJXAitTJc

José

Jose,
What size is your pivot pin on the engine you built, ours is going to be about 0.156" dia. brass, and was wondering if it is big or strong enough for the task. The ones in the vids look to be bigger. I did point this out at the begining but got no feed back, just trying to be safe.
Paul

Jose,
What size is your pivot pin on the engine you built, ours is going to be about 0.156" dia. brass, and was wondering if it is big or strong enough for the task. The ones in the vids look to be bigger. I did point this out at the begining but got no feed back, just trying to be safe.
Paul

I made mine with the original metric specifications, with 4 mm pivot made of steel; this is virtually the same as 0.156".

José

Jose,
Thanks for the info, I am not used to working on things that small and was trying to get it right.
Paul

William,
I think that everybody is suppling there own, but not sure, we have to go back to a early post to find the answer. It might be hard for the 2 people that are living out of the country to find american hardware, but will have them chime in on this to be sure.
Paul:headscratch:

Back