Community Build 1 SOSE

Not sure. Are we still assuming 8?

Maybe a roll call with status.

Hawkeye - still in; Main Shaft Bushings finished and ready to package and ship.

I'm still in... The flywheels are done and ready to go.

Polishing was mentioned above. Are we going with a polished look? The flywheels aren't polished - but could be if y'all want.

voila.jpg

John

voila.jpg

John, that looks good enough for me. No polishing needed. If the final assembler wants to go over all the parts for his own, the finish of his whole engine will match.

I'm with Hawkeye on that. Oh, I'm still "in". My progress got sidetracked a bit, again, due to a break-in to one of my tenants at the office building. As it's a government entity they are requiring me to set up security systems and re-engineer the door/jamb on their office. Having lots of fun. :p Once I get the rest of the cameras installed and networked I'll get back to the discs.

Everything else is looking so good, the pressure is on! :biggrin:

-Ron

I do think that there is still 8 of us on the build and David U. was doing the cylinders once he got the pistons in. We were to send the parts to him, but I have not heard from him in awhile so maybe we should contact him soon to find out where we are on the project. My pins and axles are done and ready to ship when needed.
4R8-Pistons
Hawkeye-Main Brg.
JGEDDE-Flywheel
Turbo-Frame
Scrapmetal-Crank
B34VD-Base
David U.-Cylinder and cap
PJF134-Pins and Axles

Paul

Still here and travelling with work again.

I have my new lathe which I set up a few days before I left home so it's ready for me to redo the piston I killed when I return.

Turbo,
There is no reason why we cannot start a new build now if we have people that want to do it. We can have more than one going at a time also. I found some neat projects to do and mostly simple and useful things on the net. Maybe we could post some ideas on this site with plans and see who would like to start what (a pole is what I was thinking about). The plans I have right now are a simple and cheap hacksaw (power) using your own motor, a manual 2 ton screw press, power hacksaw (heavy duty), manual shaper and a pantograph. A couple guys can get together and make a clamp type knurling tool too, the ideas are endless and usefull to boot. Let me know what you think and I can post the plans.
Paul

Well, I'll be in whatever build you guys come up with as long as there is a part or two that I can maybe handle. :biggrin: I do probably need to finish this one up first though. :p:biggrin:

-Ron

I do think we need a new update on where we all stand. As far I can see the only parts that need to be done is the pistons, cylinders and crank, unless I missed a post. Everything else is done as far as I can see from the posts.
Paul

I've just returned home from work travels on Friday to 36 degree plus weather. The aircon on the shop is struggling during the day as it's not yet insulated.

Hoping to get a bit of time out there tomorrow evening.

I was sidetracked again by finding the shaper and grinder but the crank discs should be done shortly.

-Ron

Back