Come to Hawaii

when i was 7 i would hit bald faced hornets with my crocks. they didnt sting me but i got stung while using a hacksaw on the pinkie finger.
I cant resist, I have to ask, Why were you using a hacksaw on your pinky finger?????? :rolleyes:

I have scorpions living in my garage. They are known as a Lesser Brown Scorpion and average about 2" long. The biggest one I have found was about 4" long, and I found him right after he stung me. Felt like someone shot my hand with a bullet. Pain, swelling and redness but it lasted only a few days and was gone.

Now I look before I put my hand on a rafter. I don't kill these guys because they are beneficial by eating bugs that I don't want in my home but I am very aware they are there.

So, Hawaii has centipedes and scorpions on land and sharks in the water but other than that, nothing really dangerous critter-wise. What kills most folks here is stupidity.
I've read that the scorpions to stay away from are the yellowish ones with small pincers/thick tails, but as a rule I stay away from any type of scorpions, if I ever see one!:)
Luckily up here in Canada the extreme cold weather kills (almost) all insects who dare to hang around to find out , but I'm sure seeing scorpions would give me the scare of a life time.

Last edited:
Rub it with pineapple juice........that’s a local fruit, right??

I spent time in Saudi Arabia years ago We usually shot vipers before they got into our beds.50.jpg

Thank goodness Hawaii has no snakes like that, we have a Hawaiian snake that looks like an earth worm, I think is likes ants.

Back