Come to Hawaii

Some years ago a friend of mine had a Taipan chase him into his house. He used a shotgun on it.
Another was driving to work from his property in a landrover when he ran over a large Eastern brown snake, he only hit it on the tail, it reared up and bit him on the elbow, he just got to the hospital as he was passing out.

That's a big negatory, on me moving there :cautious:

I must admit when we first moved here I wouldnt go out in the garden at night without wearing high wellington boots. (after a good shaking out)
Now? very blase about it.

I've been to both Australia and Hawaii, would gladly live in either place if the right circumstances came about. Of course it's difficult to think about leaving Northern California but we do have mountain lions here....

Your lucky that didnt go down your trousers and bite you or you would be going to the doctor to get medication to take away the pain but Leave the SIZE.......I'm bad.....sorry mike....LOL

Check out that moon tonight !!! Hope you get to see it over there on the islands . :encourage:

It's only scattered clouds so it's a possibility :encourage: 2-3 hrs to go yet though.

Was eating at a restaurant in Vung Tau Vietnam a few years ago. Took some photos of the tanks of live fish, shrimp, lobsters. This plastic bowl, with 3-4 snakes was sitting on the floor, middle of restaurant. Had a net covering it, with a opening in the middle. As I was taking a pic, a employee came over, asked if I wanted him to hold a snake
up for a pic. I nodded ok. He picked one up by the tail. It was close, and moving about, so i took a step back to get the snake in the frame, snapped a couple pics. Thought later to look up and see what kind of snake. Was a bit surprised to see "Banded Sea Krait", with a rather potent venom. I've learned to be a bit more circumspect.

Attachments

• sea snake.jpg
    sea snake.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 9
  • sea snake 2.jpg
    sea snake 2.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 9
You can see the flatness of the tail for swimming, my hair still stood up....

Back