Come to Hawaii

Skeeters are a MAJOR pain here in the summer I'm gonna put up some swallow nest boxes around the place to help battle them.
Hoping to find a good supply of skeeter fish to plant in the irrigation ditches on my place when the water gates are opened...
You want bat boxes.

We have our mosquitos too, they're not ridable like yours though. One of the side effects of this now is, if I feel something touch me, or a hair follicle grows I'm looking for creatures. :rolleyes:

I didn't even know there were biting centipedes?!
R

We have some BIG ones over here. Average ones are about 6" long but I have seen them in the 10-12" range. Those are scary but the real aggressive ones are the variant that has a green head; they are aggressive and will actually go after you if confronted. The little suckers are fast, too! I do not kill anything if I can help it but if it bites me, its dead.

When they bite, the part swells fast! I've been bitten several times and it isn't that much fun.

OUCH that looks like it hurts.

I got a nice young skeeter during the past Wisconsin hunting season. A little small but tasty when grilled.

Attachments

• Skeeter Hunt.jpg
    Skeeter Hunt.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Back