Coffee In My Sugar: A Scissor Knurler / Lathe Question

Yes mmcmdl, they are canted.

Yep . So I had never seen this before coming to my present plant . We set our rollers on different angles which changes our feed rates of the products thru the extruders . The rollers are actually the feed mechanism .

Yep . So I had never seen this before coming to my present plant . We set our rollers on different angles which changes our feed rates of the products thru the extruders . The rollers are actually the feed mechanism .

Interesting.

Your place have an interest in a lightly used Dorian 3-wheel knurling tool? Just kidding.

Kind of reminded me of a geometric diehead at first . I don't see why that wouldn't work though , theoretically . Those wheels should pull the stock thru the tool , or the tool over the stock .

Wait wut? So wait a minute, does this mean.....

View attachment 312862

:big grin:

Well I would have never guessed if Mikey didn't point out the nose taper spec. I've never made my own spindle adapter so that's not something I would remember.

(Sorry OP, we beyond hijacked your thread)

Well, I never would have guessed that thing could also double as an Olympic torch, either. Congratulations, Will, the best man won!

Mike, you are correct(damn it), that is the taper for the D1-4 spindle nose. I am pretty sure it’s the only one in the world like it. Agressive knurling keeps it from slipping upon removal. I am taking orders; can I put you down for one?

Well, if you're going to give a clue on a hobby machining forum then you have to figure some dummy will know obscure information like that, right? As for taking orders, no, I don't think so because I know you're pulling my leg. The knurled part is what you grip and its the BIG end that goes in, right? I all about Caveat Emptor and I are wise to what you're selling so nope, none for me!

The only tool that I know of that can knurl long, small diameter titanium is the three wheel knurler.

Not true! :) Well depends on how small of diameter. I had that issue, knurling a long piece of titanium. I just had to get creative. I used a follow rest with the carriage feeding to the right. Each piece was 18" to 20" long, 5/8" dia.

Img_7847_zpse2ece03a.jpeg

They turned into this 30" zombie killing spear. Well that's what the owner called it.

Img_8553_zps86f591cf.jpegImg_8556_zps06ed0dcf.jpegImg_8541_zpsd2d0421e.jpegImg_8566_zpse44f39bc.jpegImg_8550_zps6a8b084b.jpegImg_3905_zps52cee0f1.jpeg

Well, if you're going to give a clue on a hobby machining forum then you have to figure some dummy will know obscure information like that, right? As for taking orders, no, I don't think so because I know you're pulling my leg. The knurled part is what you grip and its the BIG end that goes in, right? I all about Caveat Emptor and I are wise to what you're selling so nope, none for me!

OK, no order for you, but I will put a used one aside in case you change your mind.

As far as which end is inserted first, that depends on how big of an #@*hole you have/are. That’s the beauty of the idea; very simple and it’s reversible!

Back