Cnc hardinge dv-59?

Not trying to argue. For a CNC conversion, you'd need some steppers. Automation Technology makes some good low cost kits as does Stepper Online.

For the control, you can pick Mach 4 (my choice), LinuxCNC, or CNC12 (for use with Centroid Acorn). You would then pick a compatible control board (I use the Warp9TD Ethernet Smoothstepper with Mach 4).

Add some wire, an enclosure, learn about electrical wiring practices and safety, add limit switches, estop, spindle control, and a PC. Then you have a starter CNC. It would probably cost you around $1500 to realistically get started, with some of that covering the mechanical components you'll need to connect the motor to the screws.

Not trying to argue. For a CNC conversion, you'd need some steppers. Automation Technology makes some good low cost kits as does Stepper Online.

For the control, you can pick Mach 4 (my choice), LinuxCNC, or CNC12 (for use with Centroid Acorn). You would then pick a compatible control board (I use the Warp9TD Ethernet Smoothstepper with Mach 4).

Add some wire, an enclosure, learn about electrical wiring practices and safety, add limit switches, estop, spindle control, and a PC. Then you have a starter CNC. It would probably cost you around $1500 to realistically get started, with some of that covering the mechanical components you'll need to connect the motor to the screws.
would salvaging old parts be good because there is someone selling a cnc lathe with a crashed spindle for 600 with all controls and motors

would salvaging old parts be good because there is someone selling a cnc lathe with a crashed spindle for 600 with all controls and motors

Probably not. All cnc systems are different and are not compatible with eachother. You'd need some serious electrical know how to understand how the old system was built and adapt it to your needs. Not saying it can't be done, but that is tricky, especially if it is an industrial CNC.

If it is a home shop guy with a custom built CNC, share what the controls look like and we can see if they are useful to you.

Probably not. All cnc systems are different and are not compatible with eachother. You'd need some serious electrical know how to understand how the old system was built and adapt it to your needs. Not saying it can't be done, but that is tricky, especially if it is an industrial CNC.

If it is a home shop guy with a custom built CNC, share what the controls look like and we can see if they are useful to you.
I might be able to get the motors for cheap but im no electric geek so i would have to use new stuff

i dont know crap so what would be great if there is a place where you can buy the whole 9 yards

i dont know crap so what would be great if there is a place where you can buy the whole 9 yards
On the CNC learning curve I'm at the point where I can spell CNC correctly 9 out of 10 times.
What I have learned is that unless you are converting a common machine such as a Grizzly 0704 mill, there isn't likely going to be a kit or a plug and play option. You will have to do the research and start making lists of compatible parts.
Others that have forgotten more than I've learned have and will chime in :)

is there is everything provided in this kit except mach 3?

Back