Cnc hardinge dv-59?

Oh, that option includes a breakout board. I got that exact one (newer version than their site image shows though).

1612897631033.png

what is the board in the bottom right of this picture?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-09 at 2.08.57 PM.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-09 at 2.08.57 PM.png
    127.3 KB · Views: 6
If you're clever, you can turn a manual machine into a CNC and loose no manual functionality. Convert back & forth with a flip of a switch.

The real problem with CNCing a DV 59 is the carriage might not like to travel, it's designed to be locked in place while in operation. Cirtenly worth looking at, but not sure if it has gibs like a normal lathe. Mounting the carriage on linear rails might be a good solution.

If you're clever, you can turn a manual machine into a CNC and loose no manual functionality. Convert back & forth with a flip of a switch.

The real problem with CNCing a DV 59 is the carriage might not like to travel, it's designed to be locked in place while in operation. Cirtenly worth looking at, but not sure if it has gibs like a normal lathe. Mounting the carriage on linear rails might be a good solution.
It has gibs and all that I will make with it is small parts because that’s all I do no big parts.

Back