Clausing 6300 x 12"

Hi again, I guess it was removing that cradle lock handle assembly with those two gears, the 35t as it's called in the parts breakdown, and the sliding gear that was preventing me from removing the gear guard plate so I could then gain access to the mounting bolts and finally remove my headstock. The gears came off fairly easy with a little prying persuasion and the same for the Handel. I was afraid I would really screw this up and the spring inside the handle would go flying and I'd be in trouble but I just kept prying a little more and it popped right off and the spring stayed in place, whew. It looks the said items are the only things this side of the gear guard plate for the gear box. We'll see what happens once I go to reassemble this machine.
Well let me not forget the over riding clutch assembly inside the cradle lock handle and it came off as one assembly-thankfully.

jpg_0091.JPG jpg_0092.JPG jpg_0094.JPG jpg_0091.JPG jpg_0092.JPG jpg_0094.JPG

Ok, I finally got to it, and yes, I do have the bearings. So, if you still need them, let me know.

Hi, So you have that head stock for a 6300 clausing? I'll probably end up getting new bearings anyway but yes I am interested in the rest of the headstock and the bearings that you have.
What are you asking for it?
Where are you located?
Ed

It's apart and the bull gear and maybe a few other parts are gone. The spindle, bearings and feed drive gears are there. I'm located near Pittsburgh Pa.

Hey grandtools don't want to hijack the thread but I just purchased a 6307 clausing and i need the chart that tells what thread and feed i am cutting it is jus tan empty glass were you cen see the red selector , and if you could explain how the drive works it has a 4 groov sheav conecting the motor to the drive unit and it has a handle that sticks out of the front of the cabinet with a chart that says push in pull out 1=4 different speeds and is ver confusing. any helpwould be great

Justin Bowerman
JB Enterprise
07 FFL in Central CA.

I can't help re the speed change question as mine was a variable speed drive, and all those parts are gone anyway. As far as the feed chart, mine is there, but I don't want to sell it seperate from the feedbox.

Hey JB, I have the chart on paper for this lathe. I don't know if it's the same for yours but if you can use it, I can take a picture of it and post it here. Maybe that will help. The chart that is painted onto the clear plastic cover of the gear box has rubbed off on mine also.

Hey Grandtools, still here waiting on some pics and prices from you.

Ed

As far as pictures, that won't be until my next trip to the warehouse. I thought you were just looking for bearings, so I took those out and brought them here. Didn't think you wanted anything besides the bearings until you asked about the whole thing a few days ago. As far as price, I'll have to look at exactly how much is there. If you want the whole headstock, keep in mind its pretty heavy, so shipping wont be cheap.

Back