Bringing a PM-1054TV-3PH into my Garage

I go through a lot of way oil being close to the ocean, I have to coat everything to TRY to stay ahead of the rust.
You should try Fluid Film, you won't be disappointed. It's available in spray cans or by the gallon, a light coat will protect raw metal for a long time! I have all but stopped using oil unless it's needed for lubrication

Check online for the manual and the lubrication requirements. I go through a lot of way oil being close to the ocean, I have to coat everything to TRY to stay ahead of the rust. Amazon, or Ebay free shipping for the name brand you like, I use Mobile in a 5 gal bucket.
Have you considered trying Mobil Vactra #4 which has much higher viscosity?

Not sure what number but I do have Vactra, and DTE 26.

Disappointingly, my visit from the rigging crew has been pushed back a few days.

After coming all the way across the country, the local freight depot has been *sitting on* my pallet for 2 business days, & now the weekend is here (which adds 2 more calendar days).

I had scheduled the rigging company to come first thing Monday morning, but they don’t have the pallet. Obviously, we had to cancel that appointment, and now the rigging company doesn’t know when they will have another time slot for me.

When I scheduled a rigging appointment, the estimated arrival date for the pallet was May 17. With the freight company delay, that will be May 23 or later.

I timed my vacation so that I would have off this week.

Eventually, the freight company will deliver the pallet. At some point, the rigging company will have time for me. Hopefully, both these things will occur before my vacation ends.

The ETA still shows 5-17-22!

9BD72256-D40F-450F-A1A4-43D4661EB5D4.png

Last edited:
I have plenty to do to get ready for the big mill.

My welding table will have to live outside now. I will spend the next few days making that outdoor welding area. With the improved air quality from welding outside, this is great news for my lungs.

I am not going to build a shed or lean-to, as I have no money for that. I am just going to cover the welding table with a waterproof tarp.

I also need to buy a 220V extension cord so that I can plug in my welding machines. Too bad I don’t have money for an extension cord.

I also have to mark on the floor exactly where the big knee mill & big lathe will go.

I also need to re-do the 3-phase power cord for the mill; I didn’t make it long enough the first time. I think the 3-phase power cord for the engine lathe will also be too short after I reposition the lathe.

I also have boxes of tools (and junk?) that I don’t want in the garage anymore. Our house & lot is *jam packed* with 7 people, 4 dogs & everybody’s stuff.

There is no place to put these boxes of tools & junk, so I guess I will have to get a storage unit. I can top of this new storage unit with bicycles because I have 6 bikes in the garage that I am always having to wheel in & out.

I have been afraid to ride the bicycles since one of my best friends got killed riding his bicycle. At work, I drive 200 miles every weekday, & I see *so* many other drivers distracted on their phones.

I would seriously only ride a bike where there were no cars.

Unless your planning on building a shed at your place this next summer for the boxes of junk and bicycles, your going to be money ahead to just get rid of them now.

I know so many people that rent storage units and you ask them what's in there just stuff. And years later that stuff is still just setting there.

Unless your planning on building a shed at your place this next summer for the boxes of junk and bicycles, your going to be money ahead to just get rid of them now.

I know so many people that rent storage units and you ask them what's in there just stuff. And years later that stuff is still just setting there.
I have been that person. Paying thousands of dollars over the years to store hundreds of dollars worth of stuff. For much less than the money spent on a storage unit, I could buy a shed.

It’s not that much of a problem to wheel the bikes in & out.

I bought a whopping 15’ of 8 AWG, 4 strand SOOW in order to make the power cord for the knee mill. Home Depot charges $3.97/foot and they had it in stock.

I had previously made a cord that was 7’ long. That was bad planning, as 7’ is not long enough.

image.jpg

Here is the 20A, 3-phase receptacle:

image.jpg

After we left Home Depot, I remembered that we had forgotten the ring terminals. We went to the hardware store by my house, but they don’t carry 8 AWG ring terminals in stock. We had to drive all the way back to Home Depot just to buy a 5-pack of 8 AWG ring terminals. The pack cost $4.94.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Back