Bringing a PM-1054TV-3PH into my Garage

Home Depot has this one:

Cross posting this from the sharp thread, informative video. You have the dimensions of the mill and the equipment to build mobile bases. Take charge of the situation and make something happen.

Cross posting this from the sharp thread, informative video. You have the dimensions of the mill and the equipment to build mobile bases. Take charge of the situation and make something happen.
This is a better idea than the pallet jack because my shop is so cramped for space that I would be reluctant to bring in anything new, much less a long, wide & tall pallet jack.

I only have 1 day off of work until the knee mill comes, so the mobile bases may have to come later.

Every shop tool I own is on wheels of some sort. Build 4 of these and bases with receivers, swap the casters around as needed!
IMG_6612.JPG

IMG_0953.jpeg

Good idea, I like that.
Thanks, It's something the old school film guys used to do. The nice thing is that I barely lift the equipment until I have to get over the ramp on the lift gate. Even then, it's as low as possible. The only drawback, swivel casters are very sensitive about being in the same plane, if you don't lift it evenly there's no way your pushing it in a straight line!!

Don't forget to account for any slope in your driveway. Pushing a 4400lb machine on flat smooth ground is pretty easy but just a little slope and gravity is not your friend.

You can rent pallet jacks from most equipment rental places. $50/day will add up to buying one fairly quickly, but if it is a once a year kind of thing, then not tripping over the pallet jack 364 days a year is worth something particularly in a small shop.

Don't forget to account for any slope in your driveway. Pushing a 4400lb machine on flat smooth ground is pretty easy but just a little slope and gravity is not your friend.

You can rent pallet jacks from most equipment rental places. $50/day will add up to buying one fairly quickly, but if it is a once a year kind of thing, then not tripping over the pallet jack 364 days a year is worth something particularly in a small shop.
Aaron has visited my shop & seen my moderate/medium driveway slope firsthand!

I would definitely not mess with *any* slope. The most I would do is move the machines around the flat garage.

Back