Bringing a PM-1054TV-3PH into my Garage

I know you'll do things right, just don't be tempted to make temporary fixes just to get up and running, like the electrical for instance. You'll be okay I'm sure.

I know you'll do things right, just don't be tempted to make temporary fixes just to get up and running, like the electrical for instance. You'll be okay I'm sure.
My RPC is on wheels & plugs into the wall, so I do not have the option of hardwiring my 3-phase machine tools.

Once I get the 3-phase machines in place, I can see exactly where this RPC ends up, and then make 4-gauge, 4 strand SO cords of an appropriate length.

I buy my SOOW cord at Home Depot. I think it is the same as this:

D742CDA8-0178-4B19-B16B-8836C9372972.png

Last edited:
You've bitten this bullet before, no short cuts though, and you will be good again. The ocean breeze is directed to my house, and I'm less then a 1/2 mile from the ocean. EVERYTHING rusts, and I'm also trying to keep salt air out of the motor.
That is insanely close to the ocean! That definitely explains the protective sheets.

Haha, I'm about a couple of hundred yards above the Tsunami inundation zone. I put in 4 220v outlets around the garage, plus 1 dedicated for 100 amp service if I need to max my syncrowave 250 . This is my main 3ph central. RPC for the Doall saw, VFD for the 1340 lathe, and a plug for the mill that has it's own VFD.

I am on pretty thin ice here financially, trying to pay PM & the riggers. Today, we took our dog Daisy to the vet for an ear ache. The bill was $609.00!

My knee mill is hopefully going to ship tomorrow.

When I got home from work today, I saw an email from PM saying that they are ready for me to pay my balance.

I will call PM first thing in the morning so that they can hopefully get it out on a truck tomorrow!

Does anybody know how long it will take to get across the country (from PA to CA)?

My knee mill is hopefully going to ship tomorrow.

When I got home from work today, I saw an email from PM saying that they are ready for me to pay my balance.

I will call PM first thing in the morning so that they can hopefully get it out on a truck tomorrow!

Does anybody know how long it will take to get across the country (from PA to CA)?
Anywhere from 4 days to 3 weeks. Totally depends on the trucking company, once you have the bill of lading you can call to get an estimate on time.

Back