Been thinking about a new car

Reading about that GT40 just sitting, reminds me of when the Fox bodied Mustang convertible came out in ‘83 there was a guy who ordered 2 of the same in Green with Tan top. Drove one garaged the other.
Unless you are storing a car in a climate controlled box, they still are slowly dying. Never mind the electronics with their limited lifespans, mil spec built I seriously doubt.
Pierre

Most UTV's have more capability than this thing. The max load is 700-ish pounds. Only legal in 19 states but they must follow the same rules as ATVs.

Why are we talking about this? LOL.

I get your point @Aaron_W . I respect your contributions here at HM and don't mean any ill will.
why are these not legal in all states? I thought a vehicle once allowed in the states is legal for travel everywhere?

why are these not legal in all states? I thought a vehicle once allowed in the states is legal for travel everywhere?
From what I have read, they do not meet the EPA and NHTSA standards. If the vehicle is older than 25 years old, then it can be imported and be licensed, I think.
I have also read that there is a belief that the domestic automakers are fighting their importation. Not sure if that is a conspiracy theory or if it actually has merit.
The state by state laws vary quite a bit too, so might be legal in one state but not in another.

From what I have read, they do not meet the EPA and NHTSA standards. If the vehicle is older than 25 years old, then it can be imported and be licensed, I think.
I have also read that there is a belief that the domestic automakers are fighting their importation. Not sure if that is a conspiracy theory or if it actually has merit.
The state by state laws vary quite a bit too, so might be legal in one state but not in another.
I didn't know anything that didn't meet the EPA standard could be imported.

We pulled the plug today.
The winner is............
2024 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Limited. AWD with all the bells and whistles she loves.
It's a nice car!! 37MPG with a tiny 1.6 turbo charger but it does get up and go if you ask it to nicely :)
My wife loves it. This is the first time in her life she was able to buy the vehicle she wanted with the options and colors she wanted.
I'm very happy for her. She deserves it.

We paid $35K OTD with her trade. I'm very happy about the deal. I was prepared to part with $50K. Whew!!

Nice! Hope it treats her well! If not, Hyundai has one of the better warranties in the business. 10 years on the powertrain is nice.
I think hybrid is the way to go. Electric assist for in town MPG, but no worry about running out of charge, such as can be the case with a pure electric vehicle.

I didn't know anything that didn't meet the EPA standard could be imported.
Sure. Think of the classic cars such as an MG or similar. I believe that is where the 25 year rule comes into play.
There is a high chance that I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about either, so don't take this as gospel. I have looked into importing an older vehicle when I had a wild hair, but that quickly passed when I realized I need more machinist tools. :)

Nice! Hope it treats her well! If not, Hyundai has one of the better warranties in the business. 10 years on the powertrain is nice.
I think hybrid is the way to go. Electric assist for in town MPG, but no worry about running out of charge, such as can be the case with a pure electric vehicle.
I have to say my 2013 Santa Fe did blow its engine at 130,000 miles. However, there was a recall on it, so Hyundai covered a new engine 100%, including the tow and the rental car. That said something to me. That powertrain is completely different than what is being offered now.

The dealer that we bought our 2023 Santa Fe from (the same dealer as the first one) has a lifetime powertrain warranty. I feel like I am very well covered if something goes wrong.

It only takes one bad experience with a vehicle to ruin their reputation forever in your eyes.
Thats why my Grenada prevented me from even looking at a Ford since.
I can assure you, all manufacturers have come a long way from those dark Granada days :)

You drove a GT.. You suck... :you suck:
I guess I shouldn't mention the Ford GT 500 Shelby's or the Mustang King of the Road. I can't remember which one but it had over 700 HP. I had a hard time not spinning the tires just driving to the gas station :)
Fun though.

Back