Been thinking about a new car

That's how I feel about our 04 crown Vic, very comfy and fun to drive. For a large car it handles like a sports coupe, and while not really quick, it can pass with confidence while getting 24 mpg at 80mph. Whats not to like? Mike
Arguably one of the best cars ever made!!
Ask any patrol officer what he would rather spend his day in.
Just my educated guess.
We worked on lots of California Highway Patrol, Butte County Sheriff and local PD.
All those guys loved the Crown Vic.

Congrats on the car!
Thanks man.
We spent quite a bit of time this morning trying to figure out all the instrumental gadgets, Bluetooth/syncing the phones, climate control, seating memory, and the list goes on.
You can stand outside the vehicle to move out of a tight parking lot. The sensors and the cameras won't let you hit anything??
The world is changing faster by the minute.

Arguably one of the best cars ever made!!
Ask any patrol officer what he would rather spend his day in.
Just my educated guess.
We worked on lots of California Highway Patrol, Butte County Sheriff and local PD.
All those guys loved the Crown Vic.
not all. We read about 2 that died when the steering failed on the Crown Vic.

I've got a 2022 F150 Powerboost (hybrid w/ 7.2Kw onboard generator) but it's a garage queen. I daily drive my 20yr old Chevy Tahoe with 84,000 miles. I picked it up from my business a couple years ago for $1350. ;)

Parts are literally dirt cheap for the tahoe and there are thousands of them on the road so plenty of parts for years to come. only real downside is the fuel mileage around town is terrible. on the highway, not so bad.

That being said, my kids all drive Toyota's and I own 3 for my business (2 tundra's and a tacoma that replaced the tahoe)

My only complaint with toyota trucks is their fuel mileage and small gas tanks. At least the american vehicles with crappy fuel mileage have larger tanks. a 20 gallon fuel tank (18 useable) for a vehicle that does 18mpg is almost a death trap in Alaska where gas stations can me 150-200 miles apart if not more during the winter when some are closed.

I've got a 2022 F150 Powerboost (hybrid w/ 7.2Kw onboard generator) but it's a garage queen. I daily drive my 20yr old Chevy Tahoe with 84,000 miles. I picked it up from my business a couple years ago for $1350. ;)

Parts are literally dirt cheap for the tahoe and there are thousands of them on the road so plenty of parts for years to come. only real downside is the fuel mileage around town is terrible. on the highway, not so bad.

That being said, my kids all drive Toyota's and I own 3 for my business (2 tundra's and a tacoma that replaced the tahoe)

My only complaint with toyota trucks is their fuel mileage and small gas tanks. At least the american vehicles with crappy fuel mileage have larger tanks. a 20 gallon fuel tank (18 useable) for a vehicle that does 18mpg is almost a death trap in Alaska where gas stations can me 150-200 miles apart if not more during the winter when some are closed.
I had a 2005 Tahoe that paid me for owning it.

Bought it at auction from the Village of Elk Rapids at silent auction just beating out the just retired village mechanic who wanted it bad. It was a former patrol car complete with spotlights. Paid ~$4200 and got most of that back when I hit a deer and collected on the insurance. Drove it several more years and got sideswiped in Missouri while pulling a trailer cross country. That one was a little over $4200 which came at just the right time with Covid shutting my work down.

Eventually sold it to my daughter's boyfriend at the time for $2500, as far as I know it's still going strong. The only major work I had to do to it was replacing the driver side floor, good car.

John

Back