Anyone else get carried away with 3d printed tool storage?

is the $ 949.00 for the P1S printer all inclusive with everything you need except the filament?

Thank, Joe

is the $ 949.00 for the P1S printer all inclusive with everything you need except the filament?

Thank, Joe
Yes. It does come with a couple sample spools of PLA, but I prefer PETG for my day to day prints. Also when you buy a printer you get a year of their membership which gives discounts on the filament. It may not be the cheapest (I didn't really compare), but I like being able to throw in the spool and have it just know what color and type of filament it is so when you go to print it, it sets the temps for you. Has worked well for me.

Last edited:
@Ken226 Thank you for doing that. I will take a look at my settings and compare them.

is the P1S capable of carbon filament or something similar that is very strong?
Thanks, Joe

is the P1S capable of carbon filament or something similar that is very strong?
Thanks, Joe
Yes, they also offer CF options in PLA and PETG in their filaments. If you just to go the filament section of their site you will see all of them. Strong is a relative term I suppose, but PETG basic is pretty strong. That's also where getting into how many layers, infill types, etc come into play. I don't pretend to be an expert in all of that, but it should print any filament any other 3d printer prints that isn't specialized in some way.

All I know for sure is they say not to print TPU (flexible filament) through the AMS, but you can print it by simply feeding it into the back of the machine. There are prints out there for a Wye that allows the AMS and an external spool to be used at the same time. Lots of options.

I will say, in this case Youtube is your friend. Tons of information about there on this machine and what people have done with it. Tips, tricks, etc.

Last edited:
Yes, they also offer CF options in PLA and PETG in their filaments. If you just to go the filament section of their site you will see all of them. Strong is a relative term I suppose, but PETG basic is pretty strong. That's also where getting into how many layers, infill types, etc come into play. I don't pretend to be an expert in all of that, but it should print any filament any other 3d printer prints that isn't specialized in some way.

All I know for sure is they say not to print TPU (flexible filament) through the AMS, but you can print it by simply feeding it into the back of the machine. There are prints out there for a Wye that allows the AMS and an external spool to be used at the same time. Lots of options.

I will say, in this case Youtube is your friend. Tons of information about there on this machine and what people have done with it. Tips, tricks, etc.
I have to get into PETG.
My son gave me a bunch a couple years ago but all my experience and settings/calibrations are for PLA.

I tried to print with other stuff once and burned up the tiny boson tube in my nozzle. It kind of turned me off from trying other stuff.

Ran petg on my ps1 for the first time tonight. Perfect.
A 5 hour print running now. Factory settings for generic petg. Filament is sunlu black. See what happens.

Got my old printer working again.

I was tired of using tape… so I ordered one of those magnetic sheets… first one was pure carp…Creality Original Ultra Removable... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X3WBNPX?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Do not even bother with this one…

IMG_3070.jpeg

So I ordered a different one… this one

PEI Sheet Double-Sided Removable... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C4QBC1ZR?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

And it worked like a charm!

IMG_3102.jpeg

IMG_3100.jpeg

The Creality sheet worked really well for me - for a time. Then it started having adhesion issues - as in 'lack of adhesion' - not too much. In any case, there are three excellent solutions: hairspray, hairspray, and Aqua Net (unscented)*.

GsT

*Which is, I believe, the cheapest hairspray you will find...

The Creality sheet worked really well for me - for a time. Then it started having adhesion issues - as in 'lack of adhesion' - not too much. In any case, there are three excellent solutions: hairspray, hairspray, and Aqua Net (unscented)*.

GsT

*Which is, I believe, the cheapest hairspray you will find...
Issue was not lack of adhesion :D... as you can see in the photo, it would simply not come off. Ended up ruining it trying to get it out. On the first print!

The recent one I got is made out of metal. Much, much better. Even the magnetic sheet that glues to the platform is better (and that one comes with 3M adhesive backing). Right now, I am using the magnetic sheet that came with that failed one... but as soon as it starts acting up, I will replace with the one that came with the metal plate.

I really do not want to use anything... no Kapton sheet nor masking tape, no glue, no spray.... if I can avoid those.

Let's see how this setup works... so far, it has been good.

I really want a new printer with a larger printing footprint... next year, next year...

Back