Anyone else get carried away with 3d printed tool storage?

Thanks to this thread, I just ordered a new Bambu Lab P1S with the AMS for color changes. I have always like the idea of being able to do different colors, but have dreaded the idea of changing filament on my old CR-10S.

I have a feeling it's going to be put to use really quick with some of these ideas.
I have a CR-10 v2 (upgraded to V3, which is just a V2 with the titan direct extruder) with an E3D volcano hot end and running a custom firmware version of Marlin (not my firmware). It has the capability to accept a second hot end for printing in two colors. I just don't use it and have the second extruder disabled in the firmware settings. But it would be a simple matter of adding a second hot end, filament sensor and some wiring if you wanted dual printing on a CR-10.

Can't add much more than that though as I don't use the dual hot end option......maybe some time in the future though....

This is making me stare at a Prusa MMU3 in the shopping cart for a loooonggg time…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is making me stare at a Prusa MMU3 in the shopping cart for a loooonggg time…

I really considered a MK4 but for what I do, I couldn't justify the extra cost for it or that X1 Carbon from Bambu. I would have added the MMU3 for sure. Hey, it's only money :)

For what it’s worth I am very happy with my Mk3i+ or whatever it’s called. It’s not the MK4, I know that for sure.

I have a CR-10 v2 (upgraded to V3, which is just a V2 with the titan direct extruder) with an E3D volcano hot end and running a custom firmware version of Marlin (not my firmware). It has the capability to accept a second hot end for printing in two colors. I just don't use it and have the second extruder disabled in the firmware settings. But it would be a simple matter of adding a second hot end, filament sensor and some wiring if you wanted dual printing on a CR-10.

Can't add much more than that though as I don't use the dual hot end option......maybe some time in the future though....
To be honest, I didn't really look into it. I honestly just wanted something I don't have to mess with a lot to setup. From what I have read, the P1S is pretty much plug and play (as much as a 3D printer can be plug and play).

When I had my Prusa printer I looked at that too, but ended up selling my Prusa and building a Voron 2.4.

However, there is another multi-material system that I seriously considered. It is a "little" spendy but man, it looks cool.

To be honest, I didn't really look into it. I honestly just wanted something I don't have to mess with a lot to setup. From what I have read, the P1S is pretty much plug and play (as much as a 3D printer can be plug and play).
Fair enough. I will say it's been quite the journey to get my CR-10 to where it is now. Most of it frustrating....

When I had my Prusa printer I looked at that too, but ended up selling my Prusa and building a Voron 2.4.

However, there is another multi-material system that I seriously considered. It is a "little" spendy but man, it looks cool.

Very cool indeed, as you can use it with any printer.

Very cool indeed, as you can use it with any printer.
Turns out that after looking into it further, it seems that you have to use their slicer, which is a hard stop for me.

So, as cool as it seems, I retract my "recommendation" as an alternative.

I haven’t tried it, but can you use any slicer software to generate code for the Prusa?

Back